No announcement yet.

1995 GT 5.0 hesitation / bogging on load

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I changed the aftermarket TPI back to the stock and the code went away. Still would not start, I re-checked fuel and "pssst." back on the schrader valve. So looks like fuel is the problem either this pump isn't getting the right signal or the pump is bad. It still primes, and builds air pressure up, but no fuel. I bought I fuel pressure gauge but the connections are not the same size, I'm going to have to get some adapters to get proper fuel pressure readings.
    WRX

Comment

Originally posted by mustang_revival View Post
      I changed the aftermarket TPI back to the stock and the code went away. Still would not start, I re-checked fuel and "pssst." back on the schrader valve. So looks like fuel is the problem either this pump isn't getting the right signal or the pump is bad. It still primes, and builds air pressure up, but no fuel. I bought I fuel pressure gauge but the connections are not the same size, I'm going to have to get some adapters to get proper fuel pressure readings.
      Did you jumper the pump directly to the battery when you had it out to verify proper voltage? Have you replaced the fuel pump relay?

It still sounds like it could be the ECM, pump relay, or ignition switch, not the pump itself. The relays are cheap enough, I'd replace it, and "hotwire" the ignition wires of that doesn't fix it. Then find an ECM to swap out. If you haven't already check all of your grounds as well, electrical problems can be a nightmare to diagnose, welcome to the club.

Comment

It was the Distributer the best I can tell. That and or one of the sensors I replaced.

The car runs good now! Still slow

Thanks for the help!
        WRX

Comment

boom
          Full time ninja editor.

Comment

Working...
          X