Picking up a Gen 1 in march

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picking up a Gen 1 in march

So since apparently my current screenname got me banned from NLOC I figure I'll stick to this forum since I enjoy the fucktard comments and asshole replies more than honest ones.

With that said what have some of you Gen 1 guys determined to be good first mods. I'm thinking of picking up a punisher valve body first and then doing headers back and lowering it, maybe a 3/2 or 4/3 drop.

Thoughts and pics please and ignorant replies are a must.

My CHEAP find:

Gotta wait 30 days for the mechanics lien before I can pick it up.

RESIDENT ELECTRICIAN AND WIRING GURU!!!!

I miss my old 94 lightning. 125 shot of juice would play hell with damn near anything from a dig on the street.

My mod list was short but effective

125 shot
    Underdrive pulleys
    Shift kit.....set on neck breaker
    Stock exhaust minus some Mac flow path mufflers dumped
    All Polly suspension bushings

Comment

congrats

i bought my 94 about 12years ago but i left it alone without any performance mods, but i do have a 93 that gets beat on

Comment

If you have an f4te block then do the roller conversion.

Mark8 electric fan. Ive got a wiring diagram to make it work off of a temp switch and with a/c.

Alot of guys go with the steeda adjustable shaft mount rockers. They are gettin hard to find, but comp makes a 1.6 and a 1.7 rocker that adjusts like a shaft mount.

EGR delete plate.

The valvebody which you already meantioned.

Detroit true tracs carier.

Somebody loan me a smartass comment.

Trac bars.

130amp e250 van alternator.

NOS bogshot plate with a 150 shot or stick some boost to it.

Tweecer tuner.

Somebody loan me a smartass comment.

Comment

Well played sir

Comment

Originally posted by RuStYpNuS View Post
            Well played sir
            Get the factory wheels stripped and polished. They look better nekkid.

Comment

Clean er up, lower it tastefully, and slap some dark gray wheels or FR500's on it. Bed cover too! I can comment on the cosmedic sid eof things.

Comment

What are your goals, and I'll tell ya what it takes to get there. I can burn you a chip to do a variety of things and select between tunes with a switch.

Comment

well it will most likely be my daily for awhile till i can pick up something a little less petro-hungry. at 3.39+ for premium is not gonna be fun.

Again i definitely want to do your everyday mods- i.e. k&n, headers back, Punisher Valve Body kit, pulleys, electric fan, maybe the roller h.o cam conversion,

Eventually itll get a fresh engine......maybe a 393 stroker on a blower. but that would be at least a year from now. Its got 150k on the clock COMPLETELY stock and i really want it to last till next tax break if possible. If it breaks it breaks and ill deal with that bridge when i come to it but i dont want to mod it to the point where im taking that chance just yet

Comment

Originally posted by BULLET_DRIVER View Post
                    Get the factory wheels stripped and polished. They look better nekkid.
                    does the polishing just involve stripping them and then lots of scotchbrite? i work at a machine shop and we have the scotchbrite wheels for our air tools......i bet thats something i could do myself lol.......gawd that would take forever

Comment

Originally posted by RuStYpNuS View Post
                      does the polishing just involve stripping them and then lots of scotchbrite? i work at a machine shop and we have the scotchbrite wheels for our air tools......i bet thats something i could do myself lol.......gawd that would take forever
                      Once you get all the paint off the wheels you have to sand the wheel smooth. Lots of wet sanding. Mine were done when I bought the truck but I did a friends gen2 wheels. I have a 3inch DA that we used 1500 then 2000 grit on. After that lots of buffing. Took me about a week to do it in my spare time.

Comment

As soon as you get the truck, advance the timing to 13-14 degrees. It makes a huge difference on these trucks.

Comment

You didn't think I was gonna let you take a #1 by switchin to a truck class did you ? I got a 78 shortbed to come getcha with the only problem is its not a 5.8 , its a 7.5 LOL . I will use it to pull the car trailer to the track and un hitch it to show that lightning who's boss . Better get a bottle warmed up cause I will . BTW , I'm still jelous .
                          Big Rooster Racing

Comment

U mentioned a K&n...I bought a cold air off nloc built by Dave pickerel it was a nice piece kinda reminds me of my Anderson pipe I have now in my coupe. It put the filter right behind the grill opening where the factory 460 air tube goes. My truck also had a level 10 shift kit set on kill. I didn't drive mine every day but if I had it would have been too much!
                            1972 F100
                            428 CJ
                            C6

"What ever is the hardest, takes the longest, and makes me the maddest...thats what i want to do."

Comment

i didnt know there was a truck class but if thats the case then sure ill take it. lol........and who says that im still not gonna find my way back into the 302 class. If you think im gonna let Mike and now Steve run their cock suckers for the hell of it your mistaken sir.....Imma call you today.....got me some GOOD news.

Comment

Working...
                              X