Mazda 3 turbo help lol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mazda 3 turbo help lol

I have a dumbass friend who bought one of those ebay special $1100 complete turbo kits with " Everything you need " to build your hefty 2.3l up. lol.
    anyone know what he needs to get the kit installed/supporting mods ( injectors, tune....etc) to get that chinese pos working. I told him it was a crappy idea, but he is a ricer and wont listen lol.

here is the kit.

2012 GT500

Believe it or not, those kits are pretty complete. There is a negative to them, however. These kits are cheap. They do not always have the "snug" fit to them. Their quality lacks in several areas (ie: welds on exhaust, turbo efficiency, etc). People have to just learn that if they cannot do it themselves, then just take it to people who have a proven track record for constructing efficient turbo kits, built specifically for the car they want it for. Kits like these MIGHT be a cheap way out, but usually requires some fabrication and/or parts replacement to get it completed right and that usually ends up at or over the price they would have paid to get it done right the first time.

For what people like Brooks (turbostang) charges, it is one hell of an investment to be assured you'll get what you want since he won'tconsider himself finished until you have what you originally wanted (or better).

If he has already purchased the kit, he might want to consider at least taking it to someone that has a lot of experience installing kits, so they can address any issues that arise during the install and they can inspect the parts of the kit as it gets installed to discover flaws before it's too late.

Comment

What Denny said and the most obvious parts I saw missing where ECU , Fuel pump, injectors, have him get on a Mazda forum.
      WRX

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
        Believe it or not, those kits are pretty complete. There is a negative to them, however. These kits are cheap. They do not always have the "snug" fit to them. Their quality lacks in several areas (ie: welds on exhaust, turbo efficiency, etc). People have to just learn that if they cannot do it themselves, then just take it to people who have a proven track record for constructing efficient turbo kits, built specifically for the car they want it for. Kits like these MIGHT be a cheap way out, but usually requires some fabrication and/or parts replacement to get it completed right and that usually ends up at or over the price they would have paid to get it done right the first time.

For what people like Brooks (turbostang) charges, it is one hell of an investment to be assured you'll get what you want since he won'tconsider himself finished until you have what you originally wanted (or better).

If he has already purchased the kit, he might want to consider at least taking it to someone that has a lot of experience installing kits, so they can address any issues that arise during the install and they can inspect the parts of the kit as it gets installed to discover flaws before it's too late.
        Wow, Denny, after our last conversation, I didn't figure you'd acknowlegde my name. lol.

Denny has hit all the high points, yes, it is cheaper to buy this kit that to have someone like me build it. These kits, when they started out, were SHITTY at best - over time, the QC has caught up and they seem to be getting better. I've even seen decent reviews and results from the turbos themselves.

I also agree, if he's not damn sure of what he's doing, it might be a better bet to have someone who does know have it install it for him - so that they can address any fitment issues (which is usually the problem anyways).

..and to take it one step further, It's not necessarily worth it ($$$) for the customer to have a "custom" built kit for something like this - but rather, buy a kit off of the shelf from a reputable builder. Fab work is expensive, and money well spent on a "one off" type of situation, but not for a "stock upgrade".

Comment

What does a shop usually charge to install one of these?
          2012 GT500

Comment

On one of those cars, I have no idea.

Comment

Working...
            X