No announcement yet.

Replacement HID bulbs: what's the deal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement HID bulbs: what's the deal?

Autozone wants $135 for one, Amazon wants $22 for a pair.

I understand the principle that things are often cheaper online, but this big of a difference? I just want to make sure I'm not getting junk.

Any of y'all have experience with this?

Just for clarification, these are D2R 6000K bulbs for a 2002 Acura TL.

I really doubt there is much of a difference, though Amazon in my opinion has low prices and high shipping.

While I was looking for an HID kit for my bike I encountered two sites that treated me well and are well known in the retrofit world.

1. http://www.theretrofitsource.com/index.php
    2. Kryptonbulbs.com

I did not specifically see d2r, but reach out to them and talk to them. The prices are fair and they can get what you need.

You should replace both bulbs IMO as overtime the output starts to fade.

Comment

For 22.dollars its worth the shot. I have used some of the real cheap stuff from amazon with out a problem. Check the reviews on them.
      89 dove grey lx, turbo blowthrough

Comment

I had to order a new ballast for my car. Ford wanted $7xx, with a hookup it was $435 + shipping. I ordered it online out of Ningbo, China, shipped for $120. Same Hella part, made in Germany.

It was funny seeing the racist fucks in the small town post office responding to a package from EMS (Chinese postal service)

Comment

do you have aftermarket bulbs? I'm guessing so since you stated they are 6000k. Unless autozone is selling you 4300k oem bulbs that's a rip off.

Comment

Originally posted by A_A_G View Post
            do you have aftermarket bulbs? I'm guessing so since you stated they are 6000k. Unless autozone is selling you 4300k oem bulbs that's a rip off.
            No. Near as I can tell, those are stock.

Comment

Working...
            X