mach 460 sound????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mach 460 sound????

I'm getting ready to switch the deck and add a few new amps. I was wondering if all eight speakers run off the two amps in the trunk. It would a lot easier if I could just tie in to the existing speaker wires in the trunk. That way I just have to run power lines to the trunk and not rewire all the speaker lines.
    Last edited by 2000 vert; 02-19-2011, 02:48 PM.

You are going to have to rip it all out. The 5x7's are all mono running the bass and the "tweeters" run high pass like 300HZ and up - not high enough to replace with tweeters without some sort of passive crossover. And the lower speakers will sound bad. It is very difficult to upgrade part of a mach 460 system. Easier to gut it and start over.

Comment

I am going to add a crossover, all new speakers, amps and not use any of the original 460. I was just wondering if I can access all speaker wires from the trunk so I dont have to run new ones to the doors.

Comment

Originally posted by 2000 vert View Post
        I am going to add a crossover, all new speakers, amps and not use any of the original 460. I was just wondering if I can access all speaker wires from the trunk so I dont have to run new ones to the doors.
        I just went ahead and ran new wire it wasn't that bad. plus you can use better speaker wire then the factory stuff.

Comment

The tweeter wires are at the radio location. 2001-2004 are run by the deck. 96-2000 are run by an amp on the transmission tunnel. The 5x7 wires are at the amps.

Comment

Originally posted by EW View Post
            The tweeter wires are at the radio location. 2001-2004 are run by the deck. 96-2000 are run by an amp on the transmission tunnel. The 5x7 wires are at the amps.
            ^yep. if you have a 2000, you have an amp behind the center console for the tweeters. the two rear amps power the mach 460 mids and subs.

i installed a aftermarket sony mp3 deck in my 2000 and ended up using a scosche amp interface adapter to integrate the deck with stock amps/speakers. and i used a radio shack 5v fixed voltage regulator in line with the amp turn on wire coming off the harness because ford uses a 5v amp turn on signal and sony uses a 12v signal. without out using it you would get amplifier pop when you fired up the deck.

Comment

thanks for the info.I thought it looked like there was a third amp under the cd player in the console. My main concern was the 5x7's in the door. Im not going back with front tweeters so new rear ones will be easy to wire. Glad to know i can just tie the new amp into the 5x7 wires in the trunk.

Comment

Working...
              X