07 ram 2500 alignment question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 07 ram 2500 alignment question

Anyone know why the rear passenger wheel would be toed in? One NTB told me leaf spring bushings. So I changed them. Didn't fix it. Truck is 4x4, adjustable track bar, 2" leveled in front. TIA.

Factory or aftermarket wheels?

Comment

Take it somewhere else. Is not the rear-end solid?
      All the bushings would do would change the thrust angle
      of the truck.

Comment

Aftermarket wheels.

I changed the bushings after ntb mechanic told me it was causing the problem. Then took it to a different ntb and saw it was still toe'd in on the alignment sheet.

Comment

Solid axle front and rear.

Comment

Here is the deal. If the toe is off in the rear, the housing is bent or
            was made wrong.

Before you spend any money, how far do they say it is off?
            Do you have a steel tape and can you get someone to hold 1 end?
            Measure the toe and remeasure it several times let us know.
            Are you having tire wear probs?

GL

Comment

That's what I was thinking too on the bent housing. I believe the sheet said 5 degrees but I'm not positive. Are you saying measure the front and rear of the tire? Same way I would if trying to get the alignment close enough to drive the truck to the shop after changing tie rods? My last set of tires wore out quick. The rears wore in the center and inside edge. 315/70/17 bfg ko2's. Truck has 285k on the clock. I bought it with 67k. It's my construction work truck so I'm jumping curbs and off road all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by JV106 View Post
                That's what I was thinking too on the bent housing. I believe the sheet said 5 degrees but I'm not positive. Are you saying measure the front and rear of the tire? Same way I would if trying to get the alignment close enough to drive the truck to the shop after changing tie rods? My last set of tires wore out quick. The rears wore in the center and inside edge. 315/70/17 bfg ko2's. Truck has 285k on the clock. I bought it with 67k. It's my construction work truck so I'm jumping curbs and off road all the time.
                I'm guessing .5 deg, 5 degrees would be insane. Use a tape measure and a buddy to measure the distance between the front of the tire and the rear of the tire, front measurement should be less than the rear if it's toed in.
                Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
                  I'm guessing .5 deg, 5 degrees would be insane. Use a tape measure and a buddy to measure the distance between the front of the tire and the rear of the tire, front measurement should be less than the rear if it's toed in.
                  He jumps curbs, so what if one of the front wheels is pushed back more than the other? He then would get an incorrect measurement.

His best best is to get a different measuring point, which is symmetrical on both sides of the truck and go off of that.

Comment

Yes Yes YES! Measure it several times should be 0.
                    You can get as close as some peeps alignment racks.
                    I have set the toe on 100s if not 1000s of cars with a steel
                    tape and hub gauge.

Comment

I've literally made the lazy kid at ntb hold the steering wheel straight while on their rack and adjusted the toe on this truck with a tape measure and his tools AND gotten the front straighter than guys who used the machine.

I've been busy with Xmas but will pull some measurements later this evening. I may hit the wheel with a dial indicator. I'm leaning towards a bent axle. Thank you for yalls input.

Comment

Working...
                      X