5.4 supercharged or terminator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5.4 supercharged or terminator

Im looking at putting a 04 cobra motor in my fox. The engine i found is 4500. I found 04 lightning engine for 2500. I know that the supercharger is to tall but is there a way to convert it? What will make more power? I later want to do a single turbo in the car on a mod motor.. Just looking for ideas.
    Last edited by dutchboy; 02-17-2011, 11:37 PM.

lolz

Comment

Why do you find that funny?

Comment

They are both fit like shit and cost too much money IMO, but if I had to pick one I'd get the 4.6.

Comment

Thanks jw, the reason i asked is i met a guy that has a factory Five car with a s/c 5.4 thats built and he claimed it to make some nice numbers. Im sure that it will be a pain in the ass to install im just looking to make a sunday cruiser that makes good power. Ive had the car since i ws 16, and i have a nice motor but id really like to do supercharged termy.

Comment

4.6 will be a better fit. 5.4 will be a nightmare
            True Street MotorSports
            901 N McDonald St Suite 100
            McKinney TX 75069

Shop 972.542.9886
            Fax 972. 542.9879

Nitrous Refills $4lb

Comment

go with the 4.6 its fully forged and not as tall and hard to fit. also the 5.4 lightning motor still has the cracked cap pos rods and pistons

Comment

put a LSjuan in it, call it a day..

Comment

Personally not into ls stuff

Comment

Either way will be an easy swap except you will need a huge hood to clear the 5.4... I would go the 4.6 route as it will hold much more power reliably then the 5.4 will even think about holding.. So long as you have the harness and computer it should only take a fee days to do the swap and be up and running.. Will need to get a k-member from a 96+ mustang with a 4.6 for it to be a direct bolt in.. Your biggest issue will be getting the accessories tied into the existing stuff and making it all work.. Ie the power steering, a/c etc.. Otherwise good luck!!

Comment

not only will the 4.6 hold more power, but it will make more power...(think 4V vs 2V)
                      2011 Mustang GT
                      sigpic

Comment

I want to make around 700 or so..

Comment

Not sure whats so funny steve......His nitrous shot alone makes more power than your pony puts to the flywheel

RESIDENT ELECTRICIAN AND WIRING GURU!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by KungFuHamster View Post
                            not only will the 4.6 hold more power, but it will make more power...(think 4V vs 2V)
                            So, by your terms, your 3v "should"make more power than my 2v LOL...your'e a little off if your making under 650

Originally posted by john98gt View Post
                            go with the 4.6 its fully forged and not as tall and hard to fit. also the 5.4 lightning motor still has the cracked cap pos rods and pistons
                            I agree with the 4.6 not as hard to fit, but the weak-link in the lightning motor is the rods

Originally posted by dutchboy View Post
                            I want to make around 700 or so..
                            I own both a termy and a lightning, and you can probably make the power a little easier with the cobra, but for the couple grand price difference, its your call, either way, its going to be a PITA to make that 5.4 fit, LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by RuStYpNuS View Post
                              Not sure whats so funny steve......His nitrous shot alone makes more power than your pony puts to the flywheel
                              oh yeah? wanna race?

Comment

Working...
                              X