what kind of tire?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what kind of tire?

What kind of tire should I put on the back? I was thinking of going with a 275/40/17. Not sure if I should go any bigger and I was gonna get the Firehawk Wide Oval but they seem to be on back order. So what brand should I go with and should I go any bigger?

EDIT: wheels are 17x8
    Last edited by DeddRekoning; 02-17-2011, 06:19 PM.
    2004 Mustang GT: BBK shorty headers, BBK O/R X, Flowmaster catback, JLT cold air, Trickflow 75mm TB and Plenum, UD pulleys, upper and lower CA's, 3.73, SCT XCal 2 ---- SOLD

I like the G Force T.A.

Comment

The bfg ss a/s is cool

Comment

Originally posted by Regulator1988 View Post
        The bfg ss a/s is cool
        they are good tires just dont last very long ..

I am about to buy some BFG G-force KDW 2's for mine ..

275 look good on stock wheels .. I wouldn't go any bigger it will bulge too much and look like crap ..

Comment

255s will give you the squared off look, depending on brand. If you don't mind a little over hang, the 275 will fit, it'll just look a little big for the rim.

I just put a set of Nitto 555s on mine and they are surprisingly good! I was surprised they held my power. I loved the 555Rs I use to have, but got bit in the rain and went to a more street friendly tire. The price is not bad at onlinetires.com.
          2012 Silver Mustang GT 5.0:stock.
          '00 Performance Red Mustang GT 4v turbo 6-speed 540rwhp/572rwtq (SOLD)
          '07 Honda CB919 (SOLD)

Comment

I am running the sumitomo htzriii.. Have only put a few hundred miles on them but so far they are awsome!! Very quiet, good grip, no problems in the rain and not to mention the price is right!!

Comment

Originally posted by DeddRekoning View Post
              What kind of tire should I put on the back? I was thinking of going with a 275/40/17. Not sure if I should go any bigger and I was gonna get the Firehawk Wide Oval but they seem to be on back order. So what brand should I go with and should I go any bigger?

EDIT: wheels are 17x8
              If you're looking at the Firehawk Wide Ovals then I'm assuming price is an important factor here. The Fuzion ZRi are made by Bridgestone and are very comparable to the ones you are looking at for the same price. I have run a couple sets of them on my '94 Cobra and was happy with them. Falken also makes decent tires in your price range.
              Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
              Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

Originally posted by Blackpony View Post
                I am running the sumitomo htzriii.. Have only put a few hundred miles on them but so far they are awsome!! Very quiet, good grip, no problems in the rain and not to mention the price is right!!
                I've been tossing around the idea of getting one of the three iterations of the Sumitomo htrz based on numerous positive reviews regarding traction. Not sure what size I want to put on my 17x8 wheels. What size are yours, what size are your wheels, and do they look good on there?

Comment

Originally posted by TENGRAM View Post
                  I've been tossing around the idea of getting one of the three iterations of the Sumitomo htrz based on numerous positive reviews regarding traction. Not sure what size I want to put on my 17x8 wheels. What size are yours, what size are your wheels, and do they look good on there?
                  I just picked up the Sumitomo htr ziii 275/40. I've heard mixed results for sumitomo's so we'll see how they do.
                  2004 Mustang GT: BBK shorty headers, BBK O/R X, Flowmaster catback, JLT cold air, Trickflow 75mm TB and Plenum, UD pulleys, upper and lower CA's, 3.73, SCT XCal 2 ---- SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by DeddRekoning View Post
                    I just picked up the Sumitomo htr ziii 275/40. I've heard mixed results for sumitomo's so we'll see how they do.
                    sumitomo's are hit or miss I have seen them fail after 3000 miles .. and some that last for a long time ..

glad you got the 275's .. they look good on stock wheels IMO

Comment

Hankook ventus 12. Look them up.

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk
                      2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Originally posted by Cheezebandit View Post
                        sumitomo's are hit or miss I have seen them fail after 3000 miles .. and some that last for a long time ..

glad you got the 275's .. they look good on stock wheels IMO
                        I have Sumitomo HTRZ's that came on my street wheels and they are ok but not great imo. I have 315s out back and they don't hook for shit on my car but I have 4.10s and almost 500rwtq so...
                        Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
                        Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

I saw Continental Extreme Contact tires on tirerack and they had a pretty good review. Anybody ever heard of them or used them?

Comment

Try this place http://www.onlinetires.com/tires/ Got a good price from them on nittos and had Discount price match.

Comment

Working...
                            X