Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need GM Connect and Cruise guru or forum links...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need GM Connect and Cruise guru or forum links...

I installed one of the CT525 connect and cruise setups in a buddy's 65 Impala SS and overall, it's a badass setup. Runs great. Shifts great overall, i'm damn happy with the install except for one thing. Starts. Every time the damn thing has a cold start after sitting for more than 12 hours, it seems to have a massive draw at crank, then starts running on 5 cylinders and fouls 3 plugs. Takes a couple minutes for it to clear up before you can drive the car. I've chased grounds, replaced the entire positive/ground system to 2/0 with dedicated engine and harness grounds. Grounded the engine harness to the body AND the frame and the body to the frame as well as put in the biggest friggin' OPTIMA marine battery available outside of a CAT battery or trolling motor battery. Engine cranks super fast and lights off quick but the cabin lights suddenly dim for about 3 to 5 seconds before the alternator turns on and then it starts to fight back to life. I've check plug gaps and GM says .040". I even dropped it to .035" to see if it helps. Using heat range #6 plugs per the GM tech sheets that came with the engine and it has 60# of fuel pressure just like the install manual asks for.

No codes show up even for a misfire

I've gone to the Google but the first 200,000 hits are for "hey I bought a connect and cruise!" links or GM sales links. ZERO friggin' tech links.

getting frustrated.

Anyone have any ideas or links to forums where guys chat about these installs?

Thanks!

I have the same engine, Not running yet though. I hear the stock tune is absolutely garbage that comes with that package though. I have the file on my pc that I am going to have transferred to an E38 pcm because its the only starting point that I have for it. After its semi broken in though I am taking it to get professionally tuned asap.

How lumpy does it sound at idle? got any clips?

Comment

You need to have a tuner plug into it and scan it.
      A tuner with experience, Not one of those Craigs list $200 tuners.

Comment

Working...
      X