Ignition cutting out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ignition cutting out

My 90 gt with 347, msd 6al, blaster coil(new), new msd connection harness, new orieleys distributor, remote mount ignition module(motorcraft). Since i got the car was running ruff. Bought new distributor and fixed alot of the dying and missing. Car runs strong but once above 3000 rpms like it cuts out and stumbles at times. I remove the ignition module from distributor and remote mount it with heat sink. Tough that was the problem even with new module. Replaced coil and mad harness. Then at times it will run perfect. Could it be the mad box? Its an old model pn 6420. Its power wire is run to the selenoid? Could that be it? Getting fustrated

2003 f250
    1990 mustang gt stock 68k miles
    1990 mustang gt 347 t56
    1994 peterbilt 377 dump truck 450hp cat
    1997 freightliner 500hp detriot[/FONT]

Disconnect the MSD box and drive it around for a while,i run the main power wire to the selenoid with no issues. I had a MSD distributor that was bad right out of the box that i put in a customer car last Saturday so you never know. Thoses old analog boxes were never to reliable.

My
    Spark
    Died
    Last edited by slowturbocar; 10-18-2016, 06:11 PM.

Comment

Marcus, no intentions to hijack. But what are y'alls experiences/opinions on Performance brand distributors?

Comment

And you can come borrow whatever you want off of my car to diagnose. I bought an american autowire kit that I've been very slowing installing. Car ain't moving... hate electrical probs.

Comment

I tried running with stock ignition but with 10.5 or 11 to 1 compression i get blowout when i rev it.

2003 f250
          1990 mustang gt 347 t56

Comment

Originally posted by JV106 View Post
            And you can come borrow whatever you want off of my car to diagnose. I bought an american autowire kit that I've been very slowing installing. Car ain't moving... hate electrical probs.
            Thanks bud for the offer

2003 f250
            1990 mustang gt 347 t56

Comment

I would try his dizy first. Good luck

Comment

I wouldn't trust an msd coil, I suggest a performance distributors Screamin' Demon.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 0393gt View Post
                  I wouldn't trust an msd coil, I suggest a performance distributors Screamin' Demon.
                  It had an msd but funny thing you mention , i just replaced it with a screamin deamon because the msd was way off on the ohms. But it didnt fix my problem. Car starts fsster. I also discovered that my fuel pressure drops 18 psi when i rev my engine. It also does not hold pressure aftee i turn of car. Got a new fuel filter and going to rebuild my fuel pressure regulator and go from there.

2003 f250
                  1990 mustang gt 347 t56

Comment

Originally posted by 0393gt View Post
                    Can't speak for the Screamin' Demon but I concur on the MSD coils. I chased issues for several days on my old Bronco because my 3 month old MSD coil was a pile of shit.

Comment

Well got it running like a raped ape. Change fuel.filter and got my fuel pressure back. But still had popping and stumbling. Took mass air off and clean it. Was dirty and wow, got like 50 hp back. Runs like a champ

2003 f250
                      1990 mustang gt 347 t56

Comment

Good deal!
                        Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                        I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                        Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                        Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                        dont downshift!!
                        Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Working...
                        X