CarMD.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CarMD.com

Have any of you heard about this? Does this sound like a scam?

http://www.carmd.com

Do you have to pay for it? I'm not even gonna bother clicking on the link. If it's free, it's probably just like posting on any forum. It's hard to diag cars online, period. "These are the symptoms..." Well..."Here's where I'd start." Or "Does the car do this as well?"

If it's free, what could it hurt? However, this is a site that you've been on nearly five years, and me being here over 8 years can attest to the knowledge that this site can provide. Anything domestic, I trust most of the peoples input here. Import...it gets a little sketchy. I've never owned an import, but if I did, I'd probably sign up on a well established import forum.

EDIT: This is how reliable some folk on here are. Turbostang (Brooks is his name I think?) offered to come find out why my car wouldn't start after a head/cam/intake swap at like 1 or 2 in the morning as long as me and pattymelt, who did the swap with my little help, would come pick him up and take him home. Good peeps here.
    "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post

EDIT: This is how reliable some folk on here are. Turbostang (Brooks is his name I think?) offered to come find out why my car wouldn't start after a head/cam/intake swap at like 1 or 2 in the morning as long as me and pattymelt, who did the swap with my little help, would come pick him up and take him home. Good peeps here.
      No doubt, that's why I come here first to get feedback about stuff I see on tv. A lot of crap on tv is junk and/ or a scam. Can never be to careful

Comment

Altho i don't smell scamola, i wouldn't do it b/c i work on cars for a living and have Mitchell/alldata access. Need something, hollar.

Comment

All that thing is is a code reader that plugs into your computer and tells you what is causing the MIL to come on.

It's the same as just going to Autozone, letting them read the codes with their scanner, then having them give you a print out of what it is.

It's not a scam but it's nothing you'd need to buy. You can do all the stuff it does for free.
          --Marcus

Comment

I wouldn't let a clown from fkn autozone touch a fucking thing of mine.

Comment

Originally posted by jimd View Post
              i wouldn't let a clown from fkn autozone touch a fucking thing of mine.
              ^^^this^^^

Comment

Originally posted by JimD View Post
                I wouldn't let a clown from fkn autozone touch a fucking thing of mine.
                That's why I just go inside and ask to borrow the code reader. They usually just want to stand there and watch to make sure you don't run off with it.
                --Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by mystic96 View Post
                  That's why I just go inside and ask to borrow the code reader. They usually just want to stand there and watch to make sure you don't run off with it.
                  I own 2 of them, handheld and my netbook is setup to read, scan, live data. Alot more parameters than the handheld but takes longer to get hooked up.

Comment

Working...
                  X