Blown up Ecoboost Mustang.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blown up Ecoboost Mustang.

First time I put my foot in the thing, 2016 mustang ecoboost with 3,400 miles and it blows a heater core hose off the back of the head and pukes all the coolant out and overheats.

Last edited by KBScobravert; 09-30-2016, 07:25 PM.
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

That blows

Comment

Damn, I pounded the hell out of one for a weekend a bit back. I was so hard on the car it got 12 ish mpg down to New Braunfels lol. Hope it is just a simple fix.

Comment

I just pray it didn't lift a head gasket under boost, pressurize the coolant system and pop the hose off.

I was at a light, put it in track mode and nailed it. It felt fine. Then a few miles up it got started to flash that it was hot and she went into a limp mode A/F wouldn't budge off 20:1 and I barely made it to a safe spot to pull over and park.

Roadside is on the way. We left the car and were able to get a ride from one of my wife's friends that lives near us. Luckily.

I'm not in the dog house yet. In fact my wife is taking it pretty easy considering I broke HER CAR!

Comment

So you didn't notice it leaking all over the place and smoking before it overheated?? Surely that idiot light wasn't your first clue... easly fix probably.

Comment

Was it completely stock?

Comment

Eco-Booooooom.

Comment

You gotta stud it and fire ring it before using track mode.

Comment

Originally posted by KBScobravert View Post
                  I just pray it didn't lift a head gasket under boost, pressurize the coolant system and pop the hose off.
                  The factory clamps will normally stay on the hose when that happens. I bet that there was never a clamp on there from the day you got it and the high revs upped the coolant pressure in the block and popped the hose off.

You should inspect the hose to see if there is a mark on it from a clamp ever being there. I doubt that you will find a mark.
                  Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

She is going to send you back to Africa. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
                    2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Originally posted by fordracing19 View Post
                      She is going to send you back to Africa. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
                      She us surprisingly not upset.

Dealer says "you have a heater hose that won't seal. We need to replace the hose". Sure, put that on paper as the cause.

Comment

I was wondering what all of the talk on fb was about. I sure as hell hope they don't try to give y'all any grief over it.
                        "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Daaaaamn!
                          Originally posted by Silverback
                          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
                            The factory clamps will normally stay on the hose when that happens. I bet that there was never a clamp on there from the day you got it and the high revs upped the coolant pressure in the block and popped the hose off.

You should inspect the hose to see if there is a mark on it from a clamp ever being there. I doubt that you will find a mark.
                            X2, first thing I noticed was the lack of clamp and lack of indication the clamp was there.

Comment

Piece of shit buy a chevy

Comment

Working...
                              X