Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have access to the 7.3 rear main seal installer tool?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have access to the 7.3 rear main seal installer tool?

Im in the middle of swapping the clutch in my service truck and the rear main seal is shot. I need the tooling to install it. Does anyone have access to one so I can borrow/rent it for the day?

Ive done it (very carefully) without the tool.
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
      Ive done it (very carefully) without the tool.
      Did the seal you installed have the wear ring with it?

Comment

Originally posted by stephen4785 View Post
        Did the seal you installed have the wear ring with it?
        Dont recall. The seal itself wasnt leaking, the back plate had been poorly RTV'd and we put a new seal in for good measure.
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

the new seals come with this wear ring. Iv tried to install a caterpillar front/rear main seal by tapping it in and they always get ruined unless Iv used the tool.

Comment

the new seals come with this wear ring. Iv tried to install a caterpillar front/rear main seal by tapping it in and they always get ruined unless Iv used the tool.
            Oh come on... You can do it ;-). Getting them hot helps but is not really needed if you take your time. A brass hammer is good idea too.

Comment

Man, I think it did, but I was cleaning up that plate and putting the seal in, my buddy would have put it on, if it needed. It was a couple years back.

Comment

I have a hook up at international that loaned me the tool.

Comment

Originally posted by Mysticcobrakilla View Post
                  Oh come on... You can do it ;-). Getting them hot helps but is not really needed if you take your time. A brass hammer is good idea too.
                  I had to redo the rear main seal on a Caterpillar 3 times years ago. All becasue I didnt have the right tool to install it. Ever since then Ill go out of my way to acquire the right tool for seal install.

Comment

I had to redo the rear main seal on a Caterpillar 3 times years ago. All becasue I didnt have the right tool to install it. Ever since then Ill go out of my way to acquire the right tool for seal install.
                    What was it?

Comment

Originally posted by Mysticcobrakilla View Post
                      What was it?
                      I think it was a 3406 or 3306.

Comment

Go to homodepot and find some pvc that fits and make a driver

Comment

Working...
                        X