How do you fix this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blackpony View Post
    Depends on the body shop... I have helped replace literally the entire front end of a mustang from the firewall forward because of a head on collision... Car tracked perfect and unless told you would never know that anything was done.. I would venture to guess in this guys situation, yes buy another car and swap the parts over, haul this one off to the scrapyard...
    The amount of time and work involved with a swap makes it less of an option.

The rest of my car is pretty straight, it needs work here and there but that's that.

To me, it would be easier to get this fixed.

It would be hard to find a clean enough 4cyl car.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

Nice going.

Comment

hey mike give me a shout or if im not too far from ya stop by one day. it can be fixed and done right, especially when you have the right under hood dimensions the car should have.
        heres my contact info if your interested.

Israel
        CCARS
        4818 Vicksburg st
        Dallas TX 75207
        972-437-8331

Comment

you could buy my roller coupe. cheaper and better in the long run.

Comment

I would try getting in touch with my bodyman 91coupeMike. His name on here is sickpony. And while hes fixing it I could fix those paint problems you pm'd me about
            1997 viper gts
            1986 turbo mustang
            1987 Buick grand national
            1972 nova

Comment

Just got back from the local body shop, they said they could fix it by welding it up through the bottom, and making a plate for the top where the holes normally are and reenforcing it.

He said to replace the whole "knee assembly" which I have a donor car for. I asked if that would hold alighnment over time, he said it actually would be stronger then before.

It's a reputable shop that I've heard good about.

The quote he gave me is ALOT less then what I paid for the car, and alot less then what it would sell for as it sits. So much for the "get a roller it's fucked crowd"

Cheaper and easier to fix it. Still wanting and waiting for different people to take a look at it, and see what idea they have on fixing it.

Comment

For as far as the guys on here go, Id like for you all to take a look and see what you guys think you can do, the only problem is I don't feel comfortable driving it the distance to DFW, 50 miles away from me.

If any of you are interested, I can take and send as many pictures as you need to see what you think it needs. LMK if interested..

Comment

Originally posted by 91CoupeMike View Post
                  welding it up through the bottom, and making a plate for the top where the holes normally are and reenforcing it.

it actually would be stronger then before.

Cheaper and easier to fix it.
                  cheap, easy, good...pick two

note to self: do not buy this car (as if this was not already known)

Comment

I wouldnt put any more money in that car Mike. Buy a nice roller.
                    2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Originally posted by 91CoupeMike View Post
                      For as far as the guys on here go, Id like for you all to take a look and see what you guys think you can do, the only problem is I don't feel comfortable driving it the distance to DFW, 50 miles away from me.

If any of you are interested, I can take and send as many pictures as you need to see what you think it needs. LMK if interested..
                      Mike,
                      Send pics and contact Israel, he responded to you on here. I sent him pics of mine and he sent me 2 estimates, one for a full paint and the other for repair and blend. I'm 99.9% sure he will be doing my Mustang and probably the truck as well.

I mean he is on this board and obviously cares about his rep. and work he does. Just saying....

Originally posted by dangerous_sep View Post
                      hey mike give me a shout or if im not too far from ya stop by one day. it can be fixed and done right, especially when you have the right under hood dimensions the car should have.
                      heres my contact info if your interested.

Israel
                      CCARS
                      4818 Vicksburg st
                      Dallas TX 75207
                      972-437-8331
                      2 Chronicles 7:14
                      If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Comment

North hills collision. Ask for Tony. These guys have been cutting up and repairing mustangs longer than you've been alive. 817-284-3254

Comment

Cavenders!
                          2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
                            cheap, easy, good...pick two

note to self: do not buy this car (as if this was not already known)

I dont plan on selling it, and I haven't decided what route to take just yet.

Kiss my ass.

Comment

dang man..your killing me.... you know you can find a clean roller out here in dfw. keep your eye out man! by the time you get done fixing this... your fenders, getting dings out, and painting everything. all cosmetics. you will have found a descent roller with no body problems whatsoever. you already have a problem with your other strut tower being pushed too far in on the passenger side... i know you love your car but keep your eyes open.
                              1993 Vibrant Red Cobra #1741.

If you want more inches - Stroke it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by fordracing19 View Post
                                Cavenders!
                                Boot city, Texas

RESIDENT ELECTRICIAN AND WIRING GURU!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X