• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rip

Comment

Wow!

Comment

easy to fix if you have a strut tower cut out of another car........

In 93 when the R models came out, most people that raced them and won, cut the tops of the shock towers off and slid them back to get some caster, while supposedly remaining "stock" lol
        Last edited by Grape; 02-15-2011, 11:03 AM.
        pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

Originally posted by Grape View Post
          easy to fix if you have a strut tower cut out of another car........

In 93 when the R models came out, most people that raced them and won, cut the tops of the shock towers off and slid them back to get some caster, while supposedly remaining "stock" lol
          I have donor car with a perfect strut tower. Can you order them new?

As long as it doesn't cost more then 3500 to fix, I'll fix it.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

It can be fixed no prob, but you will need to know what you are doing.. Will need to tear that side down, inspect everything to check for bent a arms, tie rod ends, etc check everything carefully!!! bang it back as flat as possible, cut a piece of 3/16 plate and weld it in from the bottom side. then cut holes where the factory had them for the strut to bolt back up.. Definately gonna need cc plates to get the alignment back.. I would highly recommed taking it to someone that knows what they are doing as it sounds like you don't..

Comment

Get a driver mod with your next Mustang...FTW.

Comment

Originally posted by HUNCH View Post
                Get a driver mod with your next Kia Rio...FTW.
                fixed

Comment

Originally posted by Blackpony View Post
                  It can be fixed no prob, but you will need to know what you are doing.. Will need to tear that side down, inspect everything to check for bent a arms, tie rod ends, etc check everything carefully!!! bang it back as flat as possible, cut a piece of 3/16 plate and weld it in from the bottom side. then cut holes where the factory had them for the strut to bolt back up.. Definately gonna need cc plates to get the alignment back.. I would highly recommed taking it to someone that knows what they are doing as it sounds like you don't..
                  I wasn't trying to tackle this one by myself.

I was seeing if it was fixable, and being that you and 5 other people say it is. Then I'll go that route.

What I don't understand is why people are saying it's done RIP.. When it's not. WTF?

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

body shops can order fender apron tin work, if they are still available it's no problem. Yes you will have to be very versed in car set up and geometry to do it, if i were to do it, the car would be blocked to ride hieght with both front springs out so i can set control arm and spindle heights, drop plumbob from center of hole of the good side and mesure the dif forward to the lower ball joint........cake to get the caster/camber dead nuts.

edit, there is no way in hell that lower A is straight, and the K is in the same place it was before the hit, lotsa stuff to get corrected before you cut the top off that tower
                    pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

Originally posted by 91CoupeMike View Post

I was seeing if it was fixable, and being that you and 5 other people say it is. Then I'll go that route.

What I don't understand is why people are saying it's done RIP.. When it's not. WTF?
                      No offense here, but it doesn't appear to be a "mint" example to most of us, hence the advice to find a really clean 4 cyl and swap everything out. It's probable that the car will not track or be able to be aligned properly, and will be an expensive fix, IF done correctly.
                      Last edited by Vertnut; 02-15-2011, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 91CoupeMike View Post

Some people don't have the know how to fix something of this magnitude or they don't care about a car enough to want to fix it.. Most would rather just swap the good parts. While there is nothing wrong with that, sometime its more expensive or is more work.. This is a easy fix, everything just needs to be done properly as not to have problems in the future.. Depending on the conditiOn of the rest of the car, that will be the ultimate deciding factor as to what is the best route..

Comment

Oh and this is a great example as to why 4 bolt caster camber plates are a nice upgrade..

Comment

this isn't a job for a body shop...........race car fabricator yes
                            pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

Originally posted by Grape View Post
                              this isn't a job for a body shop...........race car fabricator yes
                              Depends on the body shop... I have helped replace literally the entire front end of a mustang from the firewall forward because of a head on collision... Car tracked perfect and unless told you would never know that anything was done.. I would venture to guess in this guys situation, yes buy another car and swap the parts over, haul this one off to the scrapyard...

Comment

Where's JamesB ?
                                Big Rooster Racing

Comment

Working...
                                X