Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any classic guys have some hubs layin around?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any classic guys have some hubs layin around?

I am in need of drum brake hubs (v8) from almost any 65-73 ford car. Mustang guys have been tossing them out for years, and they are kinda pricey in repop.

Anyone got any laying around? Did a disk brake swap and never tossed them out? Got a parts car that had drums on the front and still have the hubs???

HELP!
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Bump for the daytime crew
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
      Mustang guys have been tossing them out for years, and they are kinda pricey in repop.
      it's funny you say that. I handed about 5 hubs, off classic stangs, to a guy that drives around picking up scrap metal about 4 months ago. they had been sitting in the garage for damn near a decade.
      --carlos

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by projectPONY View Post
        it's funny you say that. I handed about 5 hubs, off classic stangs, to a guy that drives around picking up scrap metal about 4 months ago. they had been sitting in the garage for damn near a decade.
        You and a few others I've talked to.

Comment

If I had any spares I'd set you up.

If you don't mind me asking, why are you looking for a replacement? Has your 13" brake kit affected the hub?

Comment

Originally posted by homealone View Post
            If I had any spares I'd set you up.

If you don't mind me asking, why are you looking for a replacement? Has your 13" brake kit affected the hub?
            No. My 69 is working out great. I have some spare parts leftover from that, and figured out a way to make them work on my Mustang II lemons project. Just need a pair of hubs.

Comment

No. My 69 is working out great. I have some spare parts leftover from that, and figured out a way to make them work on my Mustang II lemons project. Just need a pair of hubs.
              Cool. Are you going with the Mustang hub / Tbird rotor big brake stuff? You may already know this but you can use S10/Camaro 11" brakes on the MII spindles.

Comment

Granada rotors work too.

I'm going with a 13" cobra setup

Comment

Granada rotors work too.

I'm going with a 13" cobra setup
                  Gotcha.

Comment

I am in need of drum brake hubs (v8) from almost any 65-73 ford car. Mustang guys have been tossing them out for years, and they are kinda pricey in repop.

Anyone got any laying around? Did a disk brake swap and never tossed them out? Got a parts car that had drums on the front and still have the hubs???

HELP!
                    I should have what you're looking for, just need to dig in a couple of places to locate them. If I get off work at a decent time tomorrow I'll check.
                    BTW, the decatur swap meet is in 2 weekends too.

Comment

Originally posted by HenryJ View Post
                      I should have what you're looking for, just need to dig in a couple of places to locate them. If I get off work at a decent time tomorrow I'll check.
                      BTW, the decatur swap meet is in 2 weekends too.
                      sweet!

What weekend is it? If it is the last weekend this month, I will be at a race in Houston...

Comment

Yup, last weekend of this month. I've got 4 spaces out there with a couple of buddies, so I need to dig out some stuff from the shed to sell anyway.

Comment

sweet!

What weekend is it? If it is the last weekend this month, I will be at a race in Houston...
                          It's the 24th-27th.

Decatur Feb. 24-27th.

Fort Worth Lagrave Field Apr 15-17th.

Pate SWAP MEET@ (Texas Motor Speedway) Fort Worth Apr 27th- May 1st..

Comment

Baron,
                            I didn't find any in my shed. I must have scrapped them like everyone else. Send me your number and I will keep an eye out for some at the swap meet.

Comment

Originally posted by HenryJ View Post
                              Baron,
                              I didn't find any in my shed. I must have scrapped them like everyone else. Send me your number and I will keep an eye out for some at the swap meet.
                              972*965*8069

Thanks man!

DJ

Comment

Working...
                              X