Line hone with main studs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Line hone with main studs

Dropped my motor off with Rick at metroplex machine, he told me chances are good that my 302 won't need a line hone with installing main studs, I have always heard that it will distort the bore and a line hone would be required. For those that have installed main studs, what was the result in your experience?
    Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

I went through this with my rods on my LQ4. Half of them say run it as is, the other half will say align hone. I never could get a definitive answer.

Comment

Pretty good (long) read here.
      Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Rick has done several race winning and street motors for me. I trust his word. I've got one I need to take over there in a few months..

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
          Dropped my motor off with Rick at metroplex machine, he told me chances are good that my 302 won't need a line hone with installing main studs, I have always heard that it will distort the bore and a line hone would be required. For those that have installed main studs, what was the result in your experience?
          Factory 5.0 blocks are as flexible as a hot corn tortilla and no amount of machining will change that. The main bores distort when you torque the head bolts and not by a small margin. I would not spend the money on a factory roller block to have it line honed unless the dimensions were hugely out of spec and I could not find a better core.
          Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Working...
          X