Help me pick carburetor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me pick carburetor

I currently have a DaVinci modified Holley 650 that flows about 730. For a while now I have been thinking it is a little too big for my motor and looking at changing to a true 650CFM carburetor.

I am really looking into getting the Holley Street HP 650 which is a more street friendly version of the HP 650. Does anybody have any experience with this carburetor or have anything thing else they would recommend?

289 C.I. Naturally Aspirated/Pump Gas
    AFR 185 CC HEADS
    Victor Jr intake ported to match heads
    10.4:1 comp
    .607/.614 lift solid roller cam
    4 speed standard transmission
    4:30 rear gear
    roughly 3100 lbs race weight with driver.

The current setup with the Davinci carb has run an 11.82 @115 mph.

Any advice would be nice. I want to spend $500 or less and it needs to be street friendly but also work well at the track.
    www.dfwdirtriders.com

Damn 25 years ago I ran a Holley Dominator 650 double pump with mechanical secondaries, back then it was a great carb but I'm out of the loop now a days
    2012 SRT8 Challenger 392 Hemi-6 speed
    Bright Silver Metallic w/ Black Stripes
    Leg Maker Inc. 4"Carbon Fiber CAI
    Speedlogix Catch Can
    Resonator Delete

Comment

Originally posted by STRONGNUFF View Post
      Damn 25 years ago I ran a Holley Dominator 650 double pump with mechanical secondaries, back then it was a great carb but I'm out of the loop now a days
      I don't even think they make a Dominator in less than 950 CFM anymore.
      www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Originally posted by STRONGNUFF View Post
        I've always had good luck with Barry Grant street demons. I haven't messed with the new HP series from Holley yet but heard they are good carbs. They basically made them to compete with the Barry Grants anyways.

Comment

love my proform650

Comment

from holley the the 650 and 750 share the same baseplate and butterflies. I would be interested to see what all is modified on your carb. Could be as simple as interchanging a few parts and jetting. Sounds like one hell of a 289 and it is running some good numbers. So why do you think it is too big? My 302 ran much better with a larger carb than anyone recommended and was very streetable.

Comment

Working...
            X