Brake Pads..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stevo View Post
    Yes, I know how a master cylinder works. I know how leverage works, I understand how the multiplication of pressure via different length levers onto a fluid filled cylinder works, I am asking if anyone knows if a softer, organic pad works better at lower line pressures and cooler pad/disc temperatures versus a harder non-organic pad running at hotter temperatures. Not all brake pads have the same coefficient of drag due to the different materials, different intended uses and different ranges of intended operating temperatures.

As for the theory that I may have an incorrect pedal travel/cylinder ratio, I have a complete matching pedal assembly/master cylinder/brake caliper/wheel cylinder from a later model Jeep, it has what Jeep designed. It may not be optimal, but it is what it is. But this isn't really important and has nothing to do with the actual question. My question doesn't have to do with any of the operating mechanicals of a master cylinder, it has to do with the brake pads. Since this is a thread about which pads offer better stopping ability, I figured it might be applicable.

So far, you have try to explain something to me that I already know fully, instead of answering the actual question I asked. If you don't know the answer it is okay.

Stevo
    The answer to your question: ABSOFUCKINGLUTLEY not. Line pressures are not dictated by anything other than the master's ability to push fluid. Your leg is pushing the master. Assisted or not, the master is moving the same amount with the same pressure. It doesnt matter if you are Chuck Norris, it only puts as much pressure as it is given, power or manual. Power assist brakes make that easier, but you know all about that. I cant believe you are even asking this retarded question with the infinite amount of knowledge you have...

How the pad material reacts is different for each compound and rotor material. Pressure is a sliding scale constant.

Are you asking what pads will bite more?

What I am telling you is that line pressures are not any different.
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
      The answer to your question: ABSOFUCKINGLUTLEY not. Line pressures are not dictated by anything other than the master's ability to push fluid. Your leg is pushing the master. Assisted or not, the master is moving the same amount with the same pressure. It doesnt matter if you are Chuck Norris, it only puts as much pressure as it is given, power or manual. Power assist brakes make that easier, but you know all about that. I cant believe you are even asking this retarded question with the infinite amount of knowledge you have...

How the pad material reacts is different for each compound and rotor material. Pressure is a sliding scale constant.

Are you asking what pads will bite more?
      Look guy, there isn't any reason for you to be a dickhead.

If you know everything you claim, you would KNOW that all pads do not work the same at the SAME pressures due to the different materials and at what temperatures that they are designed to operate. A pad that has a higher coefficient of drag will give better brake performance at the same line pressure versus one that has lower drag. That isn't rocket science.

If you cannot answer the question, which was if organic pads offer better stopping power at lower pedal pressure and lower disc/pad temperatures versus harder, non-organic pads and higher temps, no need to reply, let someone else give some input. Or, continue to jump up and down, beat your chest and make out like you are the only one that has any knowledge on the subject.

Stevo
      Originally posted by SSMAN
      ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

+1 for Hawk.

Comment

Yes, you use different pads for different expected heat ranges.
          Pads for everyday use will overheat and fall apart (offgas, delaminate, actually melt) when pushed too hard.
          "Race" pads don't bite well until they reach targeted temperatures, making them not suitable for the street.
          Here are two sources of info.
          I suggest you dig into it more.

Comment

is there anywhere local in fort worth to buy HAWKs?

Comment

I got my last pair from Pep Boys.
              Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                I ordered mine on-line (a few years back), then found out that Pep Boys stocked them.

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                  just saw they have Hawk HPS for $33 for the TA for the fronts.. That cant be right can it!?!? everywhere i look they are more than that

Comment

Originally posted by gav91183 View Post
                    just saw they have Hawk HPS for $33 for the TA for the fronts.. That cant be right can it!?!? everywhere i look they are more than that
                    I think I paid $50 or $60 through Dallas Mustang so $33 doesn't sound unreasonably low.

Comment

I've always wanted to try EBC's pre-cured. Has anyone tried those?
                      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

what do yall think about EBC redstuff, wagner thermoquiets or the HPS pads? probably picking up some tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by gav91183 View Post
                          what do yall think about EBC redstuff, wagner thermoquiets or the HPS pads? probably picking up some tomorrow.
                          I've had the ThermoQuiets on my Mark VII for several years, front and rear.
                          For a hard driven street car they are great. Very low dusting and I've yet to experience brake fade.
                          While I have not had the car on a road course (that's coming this summer), it has been driven pretty hard.

Comment

Originally posted by 90MarkVII View Post
                            I've had the ThermoQuiets on my Mark VII for several years, front and rear.
                            For a hard driven street car they are great. Very low dusting and I've yet to experience brake fade.
                            While I have not had the car on a road course (that's coming this summer), it has been driven pretty hard.
                            I have used Wagner several times with no issues. They did a great job on my F350.

The hawks do need to warm up a tad but usually by the time I was out of the alley they were good to go. The harder I drove the sticker they got. My pep boys was going out and having a sale. I got them for 13.00 but they listed for over a hundred. That's why I tried them.
                            Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Working...
                            X