2011-2014 mustang under hood light.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011-2014 mustang under hood light.

Saw a couple of write ups on SVT forum. But I wanted something different something I wouldn't come on automatically when you open the hood. So I thought about my favorite under hood light of all time! The one found on 88-98 Chevy trucks in suburbans. It's a retractable light 18ft I believe, searching on eBay I found a guy who has 500 Original old new stock of these GM. So I bought one $20. Comes with factory pigtail connector. I don't know why GM stopped used these.

Anyway just want to know if an inline is good enough? I bought a new relay just in case. And what size fuse should I go with? I was thinking maybe a #5 or #10? Also gunna try upgrade to en LED light bulb.

Last edited by soap; 08-24-2015, 10:11 PM.
    sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
    🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

That's kind of cool but I can see why GM moved away from it. Its bulky and complex and expensive when compared to just a regular light. Also, most people have access to flashlights.

Post a pic once you mount it. I wonder how bulky it will look under the hood of a mustang.
    1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Comment

I miss thise lights. They were super handy.

Comment

Working...
      X