fan and water pump timer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fan and water pump timer

Does anyone make a simple timer that you can use to run the intercooler fans and water pump for a set time after the engine is shut off? Kind of like a turbo timer but I don't need the engine to idle.

Have you looked into timed relays?

Comment

Timed relay is what you want.

Comment

No I haven't. would this be a low amp relay wired in to the switch wire to break off after a set time?

Comment

The 944 Turbo has something like that but I believe that it is just part of the relay. I will look to see what it is and will post what I find.
          Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Water Pump timer

I had a Nissan 300ZX, Twin Turbo that had an after market turbo timer mounted on the steering column. You could set the time for the engine to continue running after the key was cut of and removed. I think the wisdom was to let the turbos cool down a bit after hard driving. If I remember 30 seconds was the shortest time, and 3 minutes was the longest. It was a small box about the size of a pack of short Camels.

Comment

Originally posted by FastFox View Post
              I had a Nissan 300ZX, Twin Turbo that had an after market turbo timer mounted on the steering column. You could set the time for the engine to continue running after the key was cut of and removed. I think the wisdom was to let the turbos cool down a bit after hard driving. If I remember 30 seconds was the shortest time, and 3 minutes was the longest. It was a small box about the size of a pack of short Camels.
              Close, but it sounds like he has an electric water pump so he only needs electrical power for a short time after the ignition is turned off. He doesn't need to to keep the engine running - he'll just use battery power.

Comment

Yeah just looking to run the pump and small fans. It seams to heat soak the supercharger when I park the truck in the garage. The Supercharger goes from being cool the the touch to being too hot to touch.

Comment

Do you have a way to log IAT?

Comment

Just use a turbo timer and not key it into the ignition? Key it into the power wire for the fan and pump...

Comment

Originally posted by NoClassic View Post
                      Do you have a way to log IAT?
                      Will the sct handheld do this?

Comment

I dont know much about the SCT stuff but most OBDII readers can see the IAT sensor output.

It seems like it would be a good idea to confirm there is an issue before spending time and money on a fix.

Comment

While running the iac is not an issue. Just trying to get rid of heat after the engine is shut down

Comment

why

Comment

To remove heat between runs, and out of the engine bay when I park the truck

Comment

Working...
                              X