No announcement yet.

2001 GT Engine Building?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honestly what i would do with the engine like what i would like to do to my 2 valve is an mmr shortblock either the 750 or 900 with trickflow 44cc heads and comp xe270 ah cams. Youll be looking at a solid motor putting down around 325rwhp then throw some boost at it whenever you get the chance and be making crazy power with an engine that can handle it.

Comment

that sounds like a little more than the roughly $1500 in the budget

Comment

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
        My 2V made 500hp with just a cam change.
        Two cams are better than one.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
          Y
          Not sure about budget. He's probably willing to put $1500 or so in to the motor.
          Save that, just get a non-pi engine in there, a cai, and exhaust. Might have enough left over for some gears. Call it a day.

Unless you can find some sweet 4v deals and know a tuner who would hook it up.
          sigpic

Comment

Junkyard crown Vic motor and a used pro charger.
            Originally posted by PGreenCobra
            I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
            Originally posted by Trip McNeely
            Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
            dont downshift!!
            Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

mark viii engines can be found for around 300 or less. If you get a Cobra intake and longtubes you'll be right in the 300whp range. Even more with some degreed 96-98 cobra cams. I do have a set of kooks longtubes for a 4v in my garage that'd I'd let go of fairly cheap too. Kooks are pretty much the best you can get as far as longtubes go, and you can still drop your transmission once they're installed.
              Last edited by crapstang; 08-11-2015, 04:38 PM.
              Originally posted by Buzzo
              Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

Crap stang's got it. That is the cheapest route and it will run fine.
                2012 GT500

Comment

Originally posted by crapstang View Post
                  mark viii engines can be found for around 300 or less. If you get a Cobra intake and longtubes you'll be right in the 300whp range. Even more with some degreed 96-98 cobra cams. I do have a set of kooks longtubes for a 4v in my garage that'd I'd let go of fairly cheap too. Kooks are pretty much the best you can get as far as longtubes go, and you can still drop your transmission once they're installed.
                  Sounds great, but what about the wiring harness, pats, etc, to make it work? I can't imagine its just plug and play.

Comment

Man... just fix the head gasket.

The 2V cars sound good and are generally pretty reliable. I just can't see pissing money away to scratch toward 300rw.

I do have a 5.3/4L60E at the shop though...
                    When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Sounds great, but what about the wiring harness, pats, etc, to make it work? I can't imagine its just plug and play.
                      This is a step by step guide for swapping a Mark VIII engine in your Mustang GT. This is a cheap, but labor intensive project. I give this as a high difficulty rating. You need to have a quality tool set, a lot of patience, and a good knowledge of mechanics. If you can change a head gasket, or rebuild a motor, you should be

I wrote the book on it. Pretty much plug and play.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                        Man... just fix the head gasket.

The 2V cars sound good and are generally pretty reliable. I just can't see pissing money away to scratch toward 300rw.

I do have a 5.3/4L60E at the shop though...
                        you can buy a 1JZ for 1500-2000 and make well over 500 once he gets the budget. just sayin

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
                          http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=6946

I wrote the book on it. Pretty much plug and play.
                          Pretty cool. Looks fairly straight forward. Anything regrets or things you wish you had done differently? Still running?

Comment

Pretty cool. Looks fairly straight forward. Anything regrets or things you wish you had done differently? Still running?
                            It shuffled around to a couple of members and I saw it on craigslist this year, still running. My regret was not getting the right heater hoses and radiator hoses.

Comment

After doing a little reading, it looks like an '01 Cobra motor swap is not any more work than a M8 swap.

Comment

Working...
                              X