Gauge mounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gauge mounts

Ok I am trying to figure out how to work this out. I want no more height and right where it sits. The Gorilla tape works good but lacks that finished look. Where it sits I can see what gear it is in and it covers nothing important. I am actually thinking of cutting a slot in the steering column cover and using epoxy if I cant find a super low profile mount. This is on my 13 Miata and the pillar is not a great place. Nor is the dash. I have seen a dual set up from the GT500 that can be cut down for the dash but I don't want to cut up my dash.

Whos your Daddy?

Do you have a pAnne out picture of the dash?

Comment

Autometer makes a single gauge band mount style housing in steel and carbon. Dont use the band and mount it directly to the column with a couple of small bolts and some adhesive tape. You will need to pull the upper column housing but I did the same thing on my old SE-R and it looked good.

Edit: I just found this as well. If you dont mind the mount being next to the gauge you could just rotate it all the way over until resting on the coumn.

This very nice gauge mount is universal, but we specifically like it for the 2008-2014 Impreza/WRX/STI, which is otherwise pretty difficult to fit for gauges.The mount consists of a small billet aluminum pad, which you bolt to any surface, or at least any surface that's accessible from the back. We like to mount it on

Comment

If you like it on top of the column, you should buy a universal autometer pod, some fibreglass and make your own.
        Ded

Comment

Originally posted by NoClassic View Post
          Autometer makes a single gauge band mount style housing in steel and carbon. Dont use the band and mount it directly to the column with a couple of small bolts and some adhesive tape. You will need to pull the upper column housing but I did the same thing on my old SE-R and it looked good.

Edit: I just found this as well. If you dont mind the mount being next to the gauge you could just rotate it all the way over until resting on the coumn.

http://www.fastwrx.com/products/crav...um-gauge-mount
          Nice and a viable option.

Originally posted by VaderTT View Post
          If you like it on top of the column, you should buy a universal autometer pod, some fibreglass and make your own.
          I want almost zero material added to the edges of the gauge and height. I have tried several universal mounts and they all add to much to the surrounding area.

Denny I might I will have to look.

I am really liking the idea of cutting a slot in the cover of the column and using epoxy or something. Not like it would cost much to replace if I ever pulled it. They sell a flat mount digital boost gauge but I like the old school gauge. If I change my MAF sensor I can run through port in the car and have a little flat screen with AFR's, boost, temps, etc. I am just trying to keep down costs for now.
          Whos your Daddy?

Comment

A pvc pipe, sized to fit, epoxy'd, sanded and glassed would give you what you want. It would be work, but you could make it the way you want and be able to tell people that it's one off.

I wish I have some of the custom setups I've had, to show you.
            I've only bought 2 pre-made pods, the rest I've made.

I've always said, if someone doesn't make it, or doesn't make it for a price you want to pay, make it yourself.
            Ded

Comment

Gimme a call if you want me to swing by with my dremel. You see the work I did on my dash?

Comment

Originally posted by VaderTT View Post
                A pvc pipe, sized to fit, epoxy'd, sanded and glassed would give you what you want. It would be work, but you could make it the way you want and be able to tell people that it's one off.

I wish I have some of the custom setups I've had, to show you.
                I've only bought 2 pre-made pods, the rest I've made.

I've always said, if someone doesn't make it, or doesn't make it for a price you want to pay, make it yourself.
                Did this in my Dakota's dash along with a double din conversion, came out ok.

Don't have any completed pics but this is when I was about 90% done.

Comment

GT500 set up cut down a tad. I like it a lot just not sure I want to got his route. I like mods I can pull off if I sell my ride ever and don't cost n arm and a leg to fix!

Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Get another dash, playa!

Comment

Use real duct tape - the silver will be a stylish accent to the otherwise boring black dash cap.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
                        Get another dash, playa!
                        Yep!

Even cheaper\easier if you mold one into the steering column cover where you have it now.

Comment

Working...
                        X