Oil pressure questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil pressure questions

Recently replaced my stock E7 heads on my foxbody with some aluminum 1.94/1.60 valve heads. I replaced all the valvetrain while I was at it...performance ford racing lifters, pushrods, roller rockers etc is all new. Car is running pretty good but the oil pressure seems a bit low and gets lower when I give it gas (romp on it etc) Why could this be? Not a hundred percent sure if the lash on my rockers is correct or not and my pushrods stick over the tip of the valve stem which I think means the pushrods are too short. Could these things be the reason?

Originally posted by 86lxttop View Post
    Recently replaced my stock E7 heads on my foxbody with some aluminum 1.94/1.60 valve heads. I replaced all the valvetrain while I was at it...performance ford racing lifters, pushrods, roller rockers etc is all new. Car is running pretty good but the oil pressure seems a bit low and gets lower when I give it gas (romp on it etc) Why could this be? Not a hundred percent sure if the lash on my rockers is correct or not and my pushrods stick over the tip of the valve stem which I think means the pushrods are too short. Could these things be the reason?
    put a mechanical gauge on it first.
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
      put a mechanical gauge on it first.
      That's what I was thinking...it just seemed to change right when I did the head/valvetrain swap. It's a new oil pressure sensor/sender. Although I did just swap out my cluster for another one...hmmm

Comment

Working...
      X