Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Needing recommendation for 4l60 rebuild.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Needing recommendation for 4l60 rebuild.

Wanting a rebuilt 4l60e or to rebuild mine. I got a recommendation for a guy on Craigslist that sells pretty basic rebuilt units + mild shift kit for $600 and a core. 1yr warranty. Wanted to see if anyone had any experience of any sort or any recommendations before I choose. Not looking for anything super built, just a basic or mild upgrade to roll in a stock car for a while.
    2012 GT500

Honestly as long as they use the good Transgo kit and follow the instructions pretty much anyone can build it the same. They aren't rocket science any more. Make sure he uses a good reman converter though and ask about the pressure control solenoid. If it's just "tested" you'll probably have problems with it.

If you need it to hold some power you'll need some aftermarket hard parts and they'll cost way more than he's asking for a rebuild.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
      Honestly as long as they use the good Transgo kit and follow the instructions pretty much anyone can build it the same. They aren't rocket science any more. Make sure he uses a good reman converter though and ask about the pressure control solenoid. If it's just "tested" you'll probably have problems with it.

If you need it to hold some power you'll need some aftermarket hard parts and they'll cost way more than he's asking for a rebuild.
      I've got a new convertor for it already. Thanks for the quick answer man.
      2012 GT500

Comment

I've never used him, but if it's the same $600 guy on CL, I've heard from a couple folks that he is a good trustworthy guy. He's been advertising out there for a couple years at least.
        70' Chevelle RagTop
        (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Originally posted by Rreemo View Post
          I've never used him, but if it's the same $600 guy on CL, I've heard from a couple folks that he is a good trustworthy guy. He's been advertising out there for a couple years at least.
          X2, only heard good things about him.

Comment

Originally posted by Rreemo View Post
            There are a couple. Which guy?
            2012 GT500

Comment

Working...
            X