No no no how could this happen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No no no how could this happen?

My trusted and long time mechanic finally retired. My parents were taking their stuff to him in the early 90's. His name was Hector Limon, and he was an excellent mechanic and he was quite inexpensive.

Its not fair. He was so cheap! Where the hell else am I going to find a good mechanic, that works for cheap? This is not a good day at all. I try to turn my own wrenches but there is crap that is either beyond my skill level, or I just plain don't want to do.

I think I'm shit out of luck. The odds of finding another mechanic that is cheap and is worth 2 shits, anywhere near me, are slim to none. But I'll take recommendations.
    WH

No fucks given

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
      My trusted and long time mechanic finally retired. My parents were taking their stuff to him in the early 90's. His name was Hector Limon, and he was an excellent mechanic and he was quite inexpensive.

Its not fair. He was so cheap! Where the hell else am I going to find a good mechanic, that works for cheap? This is not a good day at all. I try to turn my own wrenches but there is crap that is either beyond my skill level, or I just plain don't want to do.

I think I'm shit out of luck. The odds of finding another mechanic that is cheap and is worth 2 shits, anywhere near me, are slim to none. But I'll take recommendations.
      Quit being so damn cheap!!!11
      2012 GT500

Comment

No shit. He probably got a pay raise going on Social Security.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
          No shit. He probably got a pay raise going on Social Security.
          lol

As if you lot wouldn't mind an inexpensive mechanic.
          WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
            lol

As if you lot wouldn't mind an inexpensive mechanic.
            No I wouldnt, but historically, I've done most of it myself.

Comment

I've probably done 60% of mine myself. Another 20% I could have done, but just didn't want to. However there is stuff I wouldn't even try, like putting a whole new AC system on both of my vehicles.
              WH

Comment

JFGI! With all the stuff there, one can neatly assemble a thermonuclear device with
                crap under the sink in HD video! YOU CAN do it!

Comment

I swear every time I read you screen name, it says Graycist. Like you're racist against the color gray
                  WH

Comment

if you need someone to work on that sn95, just throw it away. it will NEVER run right.
                    .....bro....

Comment

I see alot of guys getting out. Dont have the money to keep up with all the new shit etc. Just time to move to something else.

When tool boxes started being made for computer storage etc i could see all the old guys thinning out.

Comment

Originally posted by A+ View Post
                        if you need someone to work on that sn95, just throw it away. it will NEVER run right.
                        Nope. Never gonna happen. I'd sooner just throw a much newer engine in it or completely redo the 302 or a 351 stroker. It would run just fine with an obd2 computer and all ford's emissions garbage flushed out and a bunch of unnecessary bullshit turned off. But from some of the things you've said, I take it you didn't have a good experience with your SN95?
                        WH

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
                          I see alot of guys getting out. Dont have the money to keep up with all the new shit etc. Just time to move to something else.

When tool boxes started being made for computer storage etc i could see all the old guys thinning out.
                          Pretty much sucks too. Not going to be an easy task to find another one that works for cheap like that.

And he set the prices, not me dangit. I just took him up on it. I'd say that it always looked like his business was thriving. He had the typical parking lot full of old busted up junk, but in his case, it was always changing. It was never the same old busted up junk. He just got old, my estimation would be that he was in his late 60's, early 70's.
                          WH

Comment

Downtown Quick Lube
                            207 W 1st St
                            Lancaster, TX 75146
                            972) 218-5752

My buddy John owns this. If I don't do my own work I would take it to him in a second. Just what you described. Always more business than he can handle due to reputation and price. Parking lot looks sketchy and littered with cars but he is a great guy. All of my non mechanical friends takes their shit their.
                            Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Working...
                            X