R12 to R134

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stephen4785 View Post
    If it leaked out in 2 days you've got a leak somewhere. Most of the time its the shrader valves. Replacing all of the o-rings in the system doesnt take too long.
    I changed every O-ring, replaced the schrader valves also (I even replaced the old hoses with new premade hoses). Even when it did work the pressures were much higher than I'm comfortable with. I'm going to replace the condenser with a new one, install dual electric fans, and am going to check everything again...but I'm still unhappy with the R134 conversion even when it did work....system worked much better with Freeze 12 and R12.

Comment

Make sure your new condenser is a parallel flow.

Comment

Whats this rumor thats been going around about how the EPA found out that 134a is too damaging to the environment, and they're working on getting some shit passed that is going to require a new fluid that is $112 per can?
        WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
          Whats this rumor thats been going around about how the EPA found out that 134a is too damaging to the environment, and they're working on getting some shit passed that is going to require a new fluid that is $112 per can?
          Sounds about right. There are all kinds of chemicals that work well for refrigeration that aren't licensed for that purpose. ..many people use them and have no issues. Ive thought about it.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
            Sounds about right. There are all kinds of chemicals that work well for refrigeration that aren't licensed for that purpose. ..many people use them and have no issues. Ive thought about it.

Details?

Comment

Its called 1234yf. There's not a lot of producers of it right now so it's astronomically priced. The industry hasn't made a decision on which new refrigerant they're going to use. 1234yf is in some testing phases.

Hydrocarbon fuels, particularly gasoline and various 'gasohols' (mixtures of gasoline and alcohols, whether ethanol, methanol or isopropanol), and diesel fuels.

Comment

Originally posted by War Machine View Post
                Details?
                they're flammable and under the absolute perfect circumstances the argument is they will ignite/explode into a huge fireball and scorch the earth like a nuke (even though to my knowledge it has never been documented). Butane, propane, ammonia....there are others.
                Last edited by ram57ta; 05-06-2015, 08:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X