Cams in the bullitt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cams in the bullitt

Looking to do cams in my 01 bullitt im just wanting to get some input from you guys on what would be the best mild cams to drop in WITHOUT taking the front cover off and degreeing them. Im wanting what will be the safest and stillnmaintain driveability but gain some power up top. Im not concerned about having a super radical idle although i dont mind that either but just wanting to pick up a few extra ponies. Ive been looking at the hitech stage 1, cms stage 1 and the anderson n22 cams.

Originally posted by eric90lx View Post
    Looking to do cams in my 01 bullitt im just wanting to get some input from you guys on what would be the best mild cams to drop in WITHOUT taking the front cover off and degreeing them. Im wanting what will be the safest and stillnmaintain driveability but gain some power up top. Im not concerned about having a super radical idle although i dont mind that either but just wanting to pick up a few extra ponies. Ive been looking at the hitech stage 1, cms stage 1 and the anderson n22 cams.
    I dont think that's possible.
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
      I dont think that's possible.
      It's possible with the wedge tool.
      07 GT500
      05 SRT10
      88 turbocoupe T-bird
      93 Cobra
      86 coupe
      Ducati 848

Comment

Ya id be using the wedge tool. Also keeping stock valve springs as well.

Comment

It can be done, but I would take off the front TC cover to replace the cam chain guides. They have been known to fail (break apart) and they do wear out. If they break apart they can and will cause damage. Also they are pretty affordable and worth replacing since your almost there. I believe I only changed my outer ones when I did my motor rebuild on my 4v, they were worn and it had approx. 100k miles...
          Originally posted by Silverback
          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Would i have to with my car only having 60k miles on it

Comment

Originally posted by eric90lx View Post
              Would i have to with my car only having 60k miles on it
              Thats low miles, I probably wouldn't worry about it. Once you get in there you will see if it has been taken care of. (ie: frequent oil changes) If it looks like new, proceed with the wedge. If its been abused and no routine maintenance has been performed, change them out.
              Originally posted by Silverback
              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Working...
              X