No announcement yet.

Do all caster camber Plates make the clunking sound ? If not what brands work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had the UPR "Shark" plates on my 04 GT and started getting the noise within the first year. At the time, it was very common (this was 6 - 7 years ago). I think I had to replace the bushings twice, and a couple of friends had to replace theirs as well.

I have only heard good things about the MM plates, and would probably go with those if I were to do it again.

Comment

I had the MM on my 96 and they were quiet.

Comment

Ive had a noise, but it was due to the distance in the top shoulder of the strut and the end of the threads being too far apart, and it was not tightening down all the way. A couple washers fixed it.
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by theflammer View Post
          I just put new KYB's on mine when replacing the stock V6 springs with new GT springs. I wasn't lowering or raising the car, just wanted a better ride so figured the GT springs would help and knew they would be a little different height but had no ideal my camber would do this.

So since you have done both, what would you recommend with price difference around $50

Only looking for quiet ride, no racing or anything like that
          You put the GT springs on the V6?

Comment

I had a set of UPR plates that did that. I ditched them for Maximum Motorsports and never had a problem with them. That's why I said in the original thread to get a GOOD set of plates like MM.
            68 Coupe- 351w, TFS heads, Comp XE284, 5 speed, Explorer 8.8, 4 Wheel Discs
            63 Fairlane

Originally posted by forbes
            i call 1911 first then 911

Comment

Buy mm. I had upr 3 bolts that clunked- even had them send me replacement bushings and still had trouble.
              2012 GT500

Comment

Originally posted by Blue88Coupe View Post
                You put the GT springs on the V6?
                Yes front and rear - no good ????

I figured it would be more stiff and better ride; so far it is great other then the negative camber

Comment

Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
                  Buy mm. I had upr 3 bolts that clunked- even had them send me replacement bushings and still had trouble.
                  Yea that's the direction am going; am getting the ones on front page with billet top piece. Pretty sure am paying an extra $5.00 for that as the specs are the same on both

Comment

Originally posted by theflammer View Post
                    so you still have negative camber issues even with them ?

I read UPR's have better adjustability

I am not a fan of the negative camber look on a normal car and since am only looking for the ride aspect it's driving me crazy
                    I am running like 4 deg of neg camber depending on the track, I am talking about tick marks or some reference to tell how much caster/camber I am running so I can quickly adjust for different tracks.

Something like this.
                    Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
                      I am running like 4 deg of neg camber depending on the track, I am talking about tick marks or some reference to tell how much caster/camber I am running so I can quickly adjust for different tracks.

Something like this.
                      I just re-did my camber and was able to get it really close but am ordering the new MM Camber plates tomorrow morning just so its done correctly
                      Last edited by theflammer; 04-09-2015, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X