need some help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need some help!

Looking to do an a/c delete. I have looked through pics and came across the one below. My question is this; is the bracket to the alternator in the pic a replacement for the tensioner and if so, would I still have to buy the power steering pump bracket to move it up or could I leave it in place? This one looks to be in its stock space.
    Attached Files

what's the purpose for losing the A/C ?

Comment

Originally posted by Derek2227 View Post
      Looking to do an a/c delete. I have looked through pics and came across the one below. My question is this; is the bracket to the alternator in the pic a replacement for the tensioner and if so, would I still have to buy the power steering pump bracket to move it up or could I leave it in place? This one looks to be in its stock space.
      Please tell me you are doing this on a coupe.
      07 GT500
      05 SRT10
      88 turbocoupe T-bird
      93 Cobra
      86 coupe
      Ducati 848

Comment

Very easy fix, just run your belt on the other side of the tensioner pulley, and go straight down to the crank, it'll barely touch the w/p pulley. You will need underdrive pulleys for this to work.

When installing just keep the tensuoner bolt loose and it may require a little prying across the alt to get the tit in the bracket.

Hope this helps.

Edit: if you're still using power steering, maybe you can use this and pull the belt inbetween the crank and w/p to wrap around p/s pump? On that note, powersteering on a fox is for wimps, I run 245 and 17s up front and never had any issues maneuvering.
        Last edited by 91CoupeMike; 04-03-2015, 11:19 PM.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

The purpose of this is for aesthetics. Cleaning up the engine compartment. The ac never worked in the first place and don't need it as it's just a toy. As far as running it opposite on the tensioner, I will try that. I just bought my underdrive pulleys and plan on dining this at the same time. Thanks for the help.

Comment

And another Fox loses its A/C.

Comment

Didn't work in the first place so no point in keeping it when I drive it once or twice a month. Plus like hearing that 331 with a big cam. Sounds good.

Comment

Originally posted by Derek2227 View Post
                Didn't work in the first place so no point in keeping it when I drive it once or twice a month. Plus like hearing that 331 with a big cam. Sounds good.
                A/C is easy to fix plus it doesn't muffle the engine. Finding Foxes with A/Cs are getting harder and harder to come by. My Fox's A/C blows colder than my 2013 Ford.

Comment

No AC in Texas heat on purpose? Fuck that! Fix it, IMO.

Comment

I'm even more crazy, my a/c was blowing cold when it got the axe.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

Originally posted by 91CoupeMike View Post
                      I'm even more crazy, my a/c was blowing cold when it got the axe.
                      LOL! I concur

Comment

my car will lose the power steering but i'm gonna keep the a/c

Comment

I'm of the opinion that a mustang without a/c in Texas is a thousand dollar deduct on the price.
                          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

I plan on keeping the ac components but also don't plan to sell the car anytime soon. No issue there.

Comment

I have a custom bracket for that

Comment

Working...
                              X