good but inexpensive paint job dallas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• good but inexpensive paint job dallas

Hi everyone thanks for any advice. I have a 2005 mustang gt and the paint is bad. It has chips and flakes. It's currently grey but Im wanting it black. I was looking for a local paint place that will do good work but not break the bank. Ive done some googling but nothing really but maaco pops up. Thanks again.

good, fast, cheap. pick 2.

and welcome.

god bless.
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

I'm really looking for inexpensive not cheap. Speed is not that much of issue.

Comment

What's "inexpensive" to you? $3k? $500?
        Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

I was hoping I could find some place that could do it for 2 to 3k.

Comment

I was seeing some decent reviews for the maaco in addison. I know there independently owned. Has anyone had any experience with that shop. They quoted me 1700 for sanding all the way down. 2 stage base and clear. With door jams done. thought it was a good deal but I've so many horror stories about the company I general. Just don't know about that shop

Comment

good but inexpensive paint job dallas

I wouldn't use Maaco unless you like over spray on everything. They do shit work. For what your wanting todo it's gona cost Ya. Think about it a color change is a very time consuming process. The engine bay has to be painted the door jams it's a lot of work. I would consider just sticking with the same color or doing plasti dip. A plasti dip job is only gona run you $500 or so and if you hate it then it's easy to remove.

Comment

Yea overspray was one of my biggest concerns. Just hoping that location was a little better. I thought about plasti dip but was concerned about gas spilling when I pull the gas noozle out. I heard it can destroy the plasti dip and I didn't want to have to worry about that for 3 years

Comment

A good black color change job is nowhere near a $3k job.

It's not even a $5k job IMO
                  http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

I couldn't say. You could try not spilling gas. That shit is expensive. Lol

Comment

I'm not looking for a showroom finish just something that will look ok for the next 3 to 5 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackout View Post
                        I couldn't say. You could try not spilling gas. That shit is expensive. Lol
                        Lol yea I could but I read even a single drop landing on it makes it look bad. It could smudge or even peel back. Anyone have any experience with plasti dip

Comment

Plastic dip sucks...
                          07 GT500
                          05 SRT10
                          88 turbocoupe T-bird
                          93 Cobra
                          86 coupe
                          Ducati 848

Comment

Got any pics of the mustang?
                            WRX

Comment

Contact Whiteboy, I used his guy and they did a bad ass job.

Comment

Working...
                              X