What would you do? Brake question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you do? Brake question.

Right now I have the heavy duty front and rear Aerospace brakes on my Mustang. They are the 4 piston billet calipers w/10 1/4" Diameter 5/16 Thick Drilled Rotors

I am concerned about running a non-vented rotor up front on the street, talked to some that have done it on their weekend cruiser with no problems, Aerospace says don't do it. I am considering upgrading the fronts to the "Pro Street Kit" that uses the same calipers, but uses 11 3/4 Diameter .81 Thick Vented Rotors.

The only problem, the upgrade from Aerospace cost $365, it includes rotors, rotor adapters, brackets, caliper spacers, orings, wheel spacers and 4 bolt kits.

I am now considering if it is worth it to upgrade or just sell the brand new (albeit already installed) setup and put it towards some type of OEM front brake setup. The kit I have is shown for $635, if I could get $450-500 + the $365 they want for the upgrade I figure I could buy something decent for $700-800, hell, the brake kit I want to upgrade to cost $710.

The other option would be buy the upgrade and sell my unused rotors to recoup some of the cost, but I am not sure I could fetch much for them.

What would you guys do?
    Last edited by dville_gt; 02-08-2011, 11:10 AM. Reason: typo

Oh, and whatever I go to will have to work with the Aerospace manual brake master cylinder.

Comment

If you're running front runners you might have issues with any type of pbr setup without spacers. I know the weld rt's with a 1.75" backspace will clear pbr's but that would be very expensive.

Comment

Working...
      X