Adding catalytic converters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding catalytic converters

I was given a (partial) Pypes X pipe and high flow, spiral catalytic converters for my 95 GT. I'm currently running a MAC O/R H pipe and in order to use the cats and X pipe I'd have to cut the H pipe up and weld the cats in. My concern is that it will quieten the exhaust too much. I love the way it sounds with the O/R H and Bassani cat-back but would like a cleaner exhaust.

The car these cats were on had Spintech mufflers on it and the car was SUPER quiet.

One point to consider: the car has ZERO emissions equipment on it anymore. Would adding cats alone be a worthwhile investment to get a cleaner exhaust? I just hate when a modern car stinks from what smells like an over rich condition.

Opinion?

Or am I just getting old?
    Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

I put some high flo cats on my fox to kill the smell and it worked well. It lowered the noise towards the front of the car, but overall not too much, but you can tell. You will get a little more backpressure from them which may increase torque but lower hp. It's not as raspy anymore though.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 0393gt View Post
      I put some high flo cats on my fox to kill the smell and it worked well. It lowered the noise towards the front of the car, but overall not too much, but you can tell. You will get a little more backpressure from them which may increase torque but lower hp. It's not as raspy anymore though.
      This. I liked my Cobra better with the cats on. The sound wasn't as annoying, it smelled better, and it had more torque.

Comment

getting old

Comment

I just put the high-flow flowmaster cats on my fox cause I hated the smell with the OR pipe. It's slightly quieter but still sounds great, and no more smell.
          Originally posted by stevo
          Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

I think I'm going to do it, I really hate the stink and with my son riding in the car I want it as clean as possible.
            Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Originally posted by Z06killinsbf View Post
              I think I'm going to do it, I really hate the stink and with my son riding in the car I want it as clean as possible.

That's what sealed it for me, dropping my kid off at school in the fox, everyone would smell horrible just from me letting him out of the car.
              Originally posted by stevo
              Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

I've got an off-road x-pipe and Flowmasters dumped before the axle on my Mark VII. I don't have the smell that I did when I did it to other Foxes.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
                  I've got an off-road x-pipe and Flowmasters dumped before the axle on my Mark VII. I don't have the smell that I did when I did it to other Foxes.
                  the Lincolns have trunk seals that kinda sorta actually work and somewhat of a membrane between the trunk and passenger compartment
                  http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                    the Lincolns have trunk seals that kinda sorta actually work and somewhat of a membrane between the trunk and passenger compartment
                    Nice. It has less drone as well.

Comment

the carpet alone weighs like 60lbs... the amount of sound deadening in those cars is awesome
                      http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Working...
                      X