Best way to remove paint from car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FOKAI View Post
    36 grit sand paper and wire wheel on hard to get spots what I used good luck that's a shit ton of work I would never do it again.
    Nice man! Thanks for all the input guys! I actually got a really good sander for Christmas I haven't used yet. I guess I'll stock up on sand paper and go to town lol. I was just more concerned about the bumpers. My front bumper is peeling really badly and has about 3 coats of different paint underneath. I just know it'll be a bitch getting it down to the bottom.

Comment

I have used chemical stripper with red scotch pads on rubber bumper covers, you just have to be quick to rinse it off so it doesn't deform/heavy pit the bumper cover.
      Originally posted by Silverback
      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Unless you are doing the bodywork I would let whoever paints it strip it. I can strip that car to bare metal in about 30 minutes. The best way to strip urethane bumpers is to have them soda blasted, off of the car. If you strip it to bare metal be prepared to prime it with epoxy or one of the dtm primers available. DO NOT let it sit bare metal for any length of time.

Comment

Working...
        X