car wont start all of sudden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• car wont start all of sudden

Car drove fine, pulled battery, put in new one, now just clicks. Can hear solenoid pop but wont crank. Tried about 30 times because the third or fourth try it did crank... dunno wtf is up with this pile, its never ran right. want to gut it and start all over but no time and def no money.

Sounds like the terminals aren't adequately tightened.

Comment

I should add the car hasnt been driven in 2 months,cant believe new battery is problem, bit ive seen stranger..

Comment

Just the connections to the posts. A loose connection will drain it. Wiggle the positive and negative wires.

Comment

If you are using repair terminals, make sure they are clamped tightly into the cables and not rusted or corroded as well. If you have a volt meter check both sides of the solenoid for voltage whole trying to start it. If you have voltage then hit the starter while someone tries to start it. If it cranks then, the starter is at fault.

Comment

Car has a very expensive stereo, and as such the terminals are compression fit with an allen wrench. I got them tight as fuck with the allen wrench. Im topping the battery off, will re tighten when i get home and check again.

Comment

Originally posted by STROKD View Post
              Car drove fine, pulled battery, put in new one, now just clicks. Can hear solenoid pop but wont crank. Tried about 30 times because the third or fourth try it did crank... dunno wtf is up with this pile, its never ran right. want to gut it and start all over but no time and def no money.
              What kind of car ?

I know bmw'a have something funky about correct batteries and voltage or something.
              07 GT500
              05 SRT10
              88 turbocoupe T-bird
              93 Cobra
              86 coupe
              Ducati 848

Comment

Originally posted by STROKD View Post
                I should add the car hasnt been driven in 2 months,cant believe new battery is problem, bit ive seen stranger..
                I've gotten bad batteries from the store on three different occasions now. It's more common then you think.

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
                  I've gotten bad batteries from the store on three different occasions now. It's more common then you think.
                  Happened to me this weekend. Try a different battery that you know is good for sure.
                  Originally posted by Buzzo
                  Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

1st step tighten terminals.
                    2nd get out volt meter and strart chasing.

Comment

Originally posted by mk5.0 View Post
                      What kind of car ?

I know bmw'a have something funky about correct batteries and voltage or something.
                      lol oops. 90 GT

Comment

Have you tried jumping the starter relay on the fender? That gave me issues with my fox, acted like a bad battery, relay was corroded inside
                        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Working...
                        X