'94 GT tuning ideas and suggestions wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '94 GT tuning ideas and suggestions wanted

So I'm looking at building a fairly simple GT40 based engine for future drop into a FFR Cobra. It's going to have GT40P heads, a TFS Stage 1 or similar cam, Explorer intake, etc and 24# injectors.

If I'm lucky I can locate a Cobra computer and just drop it in along with the injectors and that should cost $150 to $250. That's one option and easy enough.

Another option is to go with an aftermarket MAF and keep the factory computer, same price $200-$300.

Another option that offers way more flexibility would be to go the Moates tuning route using EEC Editor. I'd need a chip $60. A burner (cheapest is $75), and software which is $20-$25. So for $160 I can make many more changes to the ECU. Ultimately it might be worth the effort to learn, and it might even be worth the expense to get the quarterhorse $225 for data logging and changes on the fly.

Anyone do their own tuning using Moates gear? Any opinions which option is best?

What about the Tweecer? Anyone go that route? How much does that route cost?

My opinion I would get a moates QH instead of trying to find a 94-95 cobra ecu. I put one on my blown 94 cobra with a base email tune from dirtydirtyracing.com then had it fine tuned from Andy at prime tune. Car ran hands down the best(drivability, idle) after Andy messed with it then it ever did close to factory stock with just a cam. Like a idiot I bought a MSpnp2 for it and I can't get it to run or idle right for the life of my with assistance of a remote tuner.very close to selling mspnp2 and goin back to QH on factory ecu.

Comment

I've used all that stuff for years.

For private/single use moates chipset, TweecerRT or quarterhorse, USE TUNER PRO SOFTWARE!

the software that comes with the tweecer flat out doesn't work.

so you go third party.

early on a guy noticed this problem and developed new software, binary editor/ eec analyzer, now the tweecer works, so then came the quarterhorse, and the token system.10 years ago eec bineray editor and eec anaylizer package was the deal, while a great program, more or less bata tested on guys like me, it was sold as a one purchase deal with life time updates. then the quarterhorse and 1.0 was no longer supported. and forced to go 2.0, now you had to upgrade to a token system, and then get nickle and dimed to talk to all your hardware. license for your widebands use, and moates, and quarter horse, and tweecerrt, ect. at 25 a pop that fucking adds up quick.

The a9l a9p and cbaza are for the most part are open, but the later the model year, the harder it gets, because bin hackers are reluctant to share the definitions of the strategy's they have reverse engineered for there token system and some magical bin library somewhere in the clouds, that you guessed it, takes tokens to get into.

everytime you use their strategy, a token.

FUCK ALL THAT.

Get the PIMP MS2 http://www.stinger-performance.com/universalparts.html
      Last edited by JETFAST; 02-17-2015, 12:07 PM.

Comment

I'm not completely understanding what you are saying fast, if I have an old tweecer and try to modify it now I have to update to the token system? I haven't changed mine in years and damm near forgot it's in there.

Comment

As long as you don't update any of your BE/EA software to a new revision, you will be fine with what you have.

Comment

Well I'm going to go to Moates in March and take their 3 day EFI tuning class. I'm going to be my own tuner for my '94 GT / FFR project car.

Comment

Working...
            X