Ac removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ac removal

I'm sure this has been beat to death but when removing the ac compressor do you have to add the ac delete or just buy a smaller belt? The ac delete is ugly and trying to clean the engine compartment up.

07 GT500
    05 SRT10
    88 turbocoupe T-bird
    93 Cobra
    86 coupe
    Ducati 848

Comment

i dont see why you would have to get a delete kit, just run a shorter belt. im not sure though as i have still have ac. if youre getting rid of the power steering too, just take it all off and get a short belt.
      Vortex rear stand $75
      8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
      My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
      but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
      11 4 door
      13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Leaving the power steering on just removing the ac.

Comment

The link posted above is what ford did from the factory on northern cars ordered without ac.

Moves the ps up and cleans the area up. That matched with the march alt kit really cleans things up.

Comment

It looks much better with the PS moved up and the march bracket as mentioned earlier.

Originally posted by stevo
            Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

I'm going to move up the power steering pump. Thanks for the help guys.

Comment

Shit I wish I could live without A/C.

Comment

Originally posted by danielhv View Post
                  Shit I wish I could live without A/C.
                  since it's only a toy car for me and not a daily, that makes it easier for sure... but I do plan to add the LMR full kit to it at some point cause I do like AC. My car just didn't have a lot of it when I got it.
                  Originally posted by stevo
                  Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Mine is a toy too. But hell without a/c I'd only drive it late at night, and would never be able to convince the wife to take the Mustang out on date nights. [emoji14]

Comment

I dont know htf i did that shit as a kid. I also worked outside in the heat for the most part.

Hell my first nw iowa winter i didnt have a heater either. I fixed that shit before the next year.

Comment

Working...
                      X