Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alignment shop in Tarrant County that can handle a classic Mustang?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alignment shop in Tarrant County that can handle a classic Mustang?

Aligning a 50 year old car is becoming difficult. Most shops can't get their heads around having to shim the upper control arm.

Last place that aligned it was on 5th near the Montgomery Plaza/W7th area. They did a lot of semi trucks and big stuff like that. Less than 5 thousand miles later my front tires were ruined, cupped badly on the inside.

Got any recommendations for me?

X2, but I need to trouble shoot and fix any worn out or sloppy parts first.

Comment

I'd give these guys a call, I bet they can do it.

Texas Track Works is happy to announce our first DFW Mustangs alignment and service special! From now until the end of January, all alignments will be 1/2 price! Furthermore, we will take 20% off any additional service! These offers are for DFW Mustangs members only and are valid for any alignment or service appointment
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Accurate Alignment on Vickery in FW.

Comment

I've got parts (bushings, ball joints, tie rods) on the way, and a shop to do an alignment. They do have a nice alignment machine, it uses lasers.

I'll let ya'll know how it turns out.

Comment

So, correct my ignorance, but because we have performance vehicles, they need to be taken to a shop that specializes in them, correct? My alignment is off a tad and pulls to the left as a result of the previous owner being a dick and bouncing off curbs at 40+ mph. Destroyed the 2 front tires with that stunt of his >.<

Comment

When I start modding my 69's suspension I will be putting global west upper arms on or do the whole CPP mini subframe kit. The global west eliminates the need for shims.

Classic Performance Products,chassis parts for Chevy and Ford cars and trucks. Kits and parts for steering,brakes,suspenion systems

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
                I've got parts (bushings, ball joints, tie rods) on the way, and a shop to do an alignment. They do have a nice alignment machine, it uses lasers.

I'll let ya'll know how it turns out.
                Cool Cat,

Have you done the Shelby/Arning Drop?

Makes them handle better plus its a free 3/4" front end drop.

The famous Shelby drop.? What is it?? Well if you are a classic mustang fan you have heard of Carrol Shelby and you probably know that he raced mustangs.? One thing that he did to improve the way...

Comment

Originally posted by lilvega View Post
                  Cool Cat,

Have you done the Shelby/Arning Drop?

Makes them handle better plus its a free 3/4" front end drop.

http://budgetrestomod.weebly.com/shelby-drop.html
                  Yep. It used to sit like a 4X4 before the Shelby drop. It sits real low now, due to the factory springs being worn out. I ordered 1" drop 620# springs, and I'll see how that looks.

Comment

Texas Track Works is the best shop I've ever been to
                    Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
                      Yep. It used to sit like a 4X4 before the Shelby drop. It sits real low now, due to the factory springs being worn out. I ordered 1" drop 620# springs, and I'll see how that looks.
                      I have heard the 620's can be a little harsh. I just cut 1/2 a could off mine. Will see how it looks when the motor is back in. I used 2" lowering leafs in the rear. Putting them in this weekend.

Comment

Dfw frame and alignment on pipeline in Hurst. Tell em kyle sent you

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
                          Texas Track Works is the best shop I've ever been to
                          X2

Comment

Not in Tarrant county, but garland safety lane.
                            07 GT500
                            05 SRT10
                            88 turbocoupe T-bird
                            93 Cobra
                            86 coupe
                            Ducati 848

Comment

There was a shop on Ave K in Plano I went to years ago. But then I started doing my own alignments and havent had any wear issues
                              Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Working...
                              X