Rear Sway Bar End-Link replacement - 2002 Camaro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Sway Bar End-Link replacement - 2002 Camaro

I have an 2002 Camaro, I don't drive it that often but I drove it two weeks ago when gas was like $2.02. I was home so I figured might as well fill it up to take advantage of the cheap premium gas.. So I turned it on and went to pump gas on my way back to the house I heard something fall off. I originally thought I ran something over and it hit the underbody of the car.

Well when I got home I parked it and looked underneath the car and this is what I saw.

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.

Top two pics are the end links that decided to jettison themselves. The third is the driver side. I plan on redoing the suspension this summer around april/may, so ideally i'd like to know if anyone knows of a shop I can take it to get this buttoned back up.

Thanks in advance!

Quit breaking the law asshole!

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
      Quit breaking the law asshole!
      shoooot, its super slow (hence the ss) and I wasn't even doing anything!

Comment

Lolol

Comment

Unless I'm missing something, looks like one of the links came loose and fell out.

You should be able to get a replacement at any auto parts store. for install it is already under pressure so you should just be able to man handle it in there.

If your close to Rowlett I can give a hand.
          WRX

Comment

Originally posted by mustang_revival View Post
            Unless I'm missing something, looks like one of the links came loose and fell out.

You should be able to get a replacement at any auto parts store. for install it is already under pressure so you should just be able to man handle it in there.

If your close to Rowlett I can give a hand.
            Yeah that's what I was trying to point out, just wasn't sure if I could do this myself. I'll hit up vatozone on the way home and see if they carry them.

Comment

Orielly's has for reference:

$4 for the cheapest one, $7 for the moog.

You should be able to look at the side that is still connected to make sure you are installing it correctly, with a socket set, shouldn't take more than 10 mins. Use a pry bar if you need to adjust it while installing. Unless your like me and everything takes 3 times as long as it should.
              WRX

Comment

Shit, thanks man!

I should probably do this tonight while the weather is cooperative.

Comment

Yeah man that's not a hard job at all. May as well do both while you're in there.

A quick google says torque on them is ~18lbs.. Which is not much. I'd tighten the nut down til I couldn't get it with my wrist then maybe another half turn or so.

I remember you having a black 99+ gt though, right?

Comment

Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
                    Yeah man that's not a hard job at all. May as well do both while you're in there.

A quick google says torque on them is ~18lbs.. Which is not much. I'd tighten the nut down til I couldn't get it with my wrist then maybe another half turn or so.

I remember you having a black 99+ gt though, right?
                    That car is long gone, I daily a GTI and picked up an 2002 SS Vert as a summer car maybe 6 months ago.

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.

I missed my first SS real bad, that when I found a 2nd one earlier last year I had to pick it up.

Comment

Working...
                    X