Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When does a '91 model car not require emisson testing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remember that they are going to a one sticker system. IF your registration goes out before your inspection they are not going to make you get your car inspected again until 2016.

During the sync up year from March 1, 2015-February 29, 2016, some vehicle owners will go beyond their 12-month inspection cycle to align the expiration dates for inspection and registration.
    For example:
    • Registration sticker expires 3/15
    • Inspection sticker expires 9/15
    The owner will be able to renew registration in March 2015 and not have to get the vehicle inspected again until 2016 because the inspection sticker is valid at the time of renewal (inspection sticker expires 9/15).

http://twostepsonesticker.com/

Comment

^ wtf

Comment

Yep

Comment

For people who have a 91 (like me), there is a chance that you won't have to have your car inspected this year. My car won't have to undergo another inspection this year because my inspection sticker is good until May. I'll renew my registration in March. That means 2014 was my last emissions test. Good bye cats - hello off road h-pipe.

Comment

my car hasn't been registered/inspected since July 2009....

Comment

I went with the Antique Plates for my 90. $40 bucks for 3 years.. No window stickers at all. Limited driving, but i might put 500+ miles a year on it..
              Doug

90 LX Coupe 5.0
              90 7up Vert. 5.0

Comment

When you live in Grayson county.

Comment

Yep, I have mine registered as classic, but have 5 digit 1966 Plates, so I just use the small metal plate and license plate sticker.

No inspection, cheap registration every 5 years and no LEO has ever tried anything. Most are just smiling and giving me a nod when i'm out cruising.

Comment

Originally posted by shumpertdavid View Post
                    When you live in Grayson county.
                    Maybe I should "move" to my uncles house at Lake Texoma... I wonder what'd be required for that to work?
                    Originally posted by stevo
                    Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

when I was talking to the inspector down here I asked him and he said that all that stuff is packed under the safety check now and it all would still be required if the car had it when new.
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X