Crank no start 90 lx 5.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bringing it back......

Bringing this one back up having the same exact issues, but i have dumped money into mine. Everything is brand new and yes that is everything, i've done the stangnet.com guide on timing; do tdc compression stroke not exhaust,0 degrees yada yada yada, it's been done to the T.

Car is a 1989 convertible with a 306 and im having the same issue with timing, car has ran fine for 3 years at least, took it out for a saturday afternoon cruise for errands, looses power dies and hasnt started for a week and all thats left is the timing,car is doing basically the identical as OP, is obvously very rare and to the OP i will be checking timing marks tomorrow morning of this post and verifying with the valve covers off where actual TDC is on the compression stroke and updating my post from there. Going to restab dizzy as well after setting and checking to 10 degress BTDC and let you know. Been googling and reading and all week since saturday the 18th, and 99.99 of everybody is correct with there recommendations, but now we have 2 documented cases of this online and maybe it spreads the word on some "unicorn" timing method with certain engines out there
    Once again barely found this post tonight after reasearching the issue for the last 6 days. Thanks to everyones support in the past and to those in the future.
    1984 Mustang GT ( T-Tops ) "Beware of the 4-eyes" Sold - 2011
    www.angelfire.com/tx5/bombsquadracing
    1989 Gt Vert ( 306 )

Comment

Funny how no ones mentioned checking the slack in the timing chain and seeing by hand if the crank moves the rotor on the dizzy. Sorta need to see if the valve timing is off .... no? Lol
      1989 Gt Vert ( 306 )

Comment

Mine is basically still having same issue. And that's with a new distributor

Comment

Its your timing chain wouldn't doubt there's slack on either side of the chain and it that is not allowing the proper timing to be set along with the harmonic balancer has possible spun so all the timing marks are off also you need to find out where your cam was timed at will need a degree wheel to get your car back on the road and of course new timing chain
          1989 Gt Vert ( 306 )

Comment

Originally posted by RedNBlack84Hatch View Post
            Its your timing chain wouldn't doubt there's slack on either side of the chain and it that is not allowing the proper timing to be set along with the harmonic balancer has possible spun so all the timing marks are off also you need to find out where your cam was timed at will need a degree wheel to get your car back on the road and of course new timing chain
            I have an aftermarket balancer that's fairly new... motor has 50k on it. that's not the issue. I replaced my timing cover gasket not that long ago and my timing chain is fine.

Comment

Working...
            X