No announcement yet.

Clutch disk replacement.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

like a few other people have already said... Put an autozone replacement in there, get the flywheel resurfaced and be done. My h/c/i fox hatch that made a blistering 270hp/320tq and ran 8.0's in the 1/8 on dr's was fine with it. In your case I'd rather have a softer clutch to make that t-5 last anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
      I dont see how you can wear a clutch out in a year imho. Even my ram hd replacement lasted longer than that and i was hard on that poor thing. 6k slick launches with nitrous you name it. I made 300 passes that year at redline. Not to count all the street racing.

Every person ive met with a cf clutch has had them start slipping. Jusy buy a good clutch and be done with it.

Im willing to bet yours really isnt worn out, but glazed/burnt to hell.
      5-6K dumps at every stop sign/traffic light will wear on it a little more than normal.

Comment

Originally posted by FoxBodyNick View Post
        Im going with a spec stage 2. Ill let u know how it feels
        It will feel fine once you get use to there being no transition period between engaged and disengaged.

Comment

Another vote for stock parts store valeo. Held my 400hp blower on drag radials just fine.

Comment

I didnt read the whole thread, so if its already been said, oh well.....

You dont automatically replace the pressure plate when you replace the clutch disc, you do replace the TO bearing though.

You take it to a machine shop and have it resurfaced if it is in good condition. If it's cracked or warped yea, but yours is only a year old, I bet it can be resurfaced.
            Vortex rear stand $75
            8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
            My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
            but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
            11 4 door
            13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

stop doing 3rd gear clutch dumps and you wouldnt have a problem
              2004 TR Mustang Mach 1 RIP
              2003 DSG Mustang Mach 1
              2014 Race Red Shelby GT500

Comment

Poorly adjusted cable the first time around?

Comment

Originally posted by 91CoupeMike View Post
                  I was very hard on it. It lasting s year is surprising.

The weather with being stuck, having traction issues ate it the fuck up.
                  Sounds sketchy.

Comment

I have had a Centerforce DF in my 65 for 7 years this spring. Not much daily driving on it... maybe 3,000 miles in those 7 years. It probably has atleast 2-300 passes with 6500 rpm launches and 7000 RPM shifts.

How much power are you producing.. if it is less than 500 hp.... stop riding the damn clutch.

Did you break it in properly for the first 500 miles?
                    www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Originally posted by Doug Hatton View Post
                      Poorly adjusted driver the first time around?
                      fixed
                      www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Just replaced my auto zone clutch.101k on it in 3.5 years, all daily no racing. Everything was still In usable shape expect the throw-out. Under warranty replaced the whole thing. Free no questions.

Comment

He works at az. I agree get the valeo hd clutch kit with a warranty and beet the piss out of it. I would bet your cable is jacked you have the stock quadrent in it and its broken.
                          I second that if your clutch is slipping badly and the prs plate has blue spots or lots of abuse , replace it all
                          89 dove grey lx, turbo blowthrough

Comment

Working...
                          X