fox body airboxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fox body airboxes

does any one have one? ive heard more than once, you can make more power with one plus a k/n filter over a cai set up and i want to put this to the test mythbusters style on the dyno. i can pick up tommorrow and live in ft worth

If you get a CAI that put's the mass air in the fender you will make more horsepower. CAI with mass air in the engine bay vs. stock box, there is very little difference.
    sigpic

Comment

The only thing I EVER ran was a stock box with a K&N. FWIW, I don't think you could accurately measure any power difference between them though.

Comment

Originally posted by turbostang View Post
        The only thing I EVER ran was a stock box with a K&N. FWIW, I don't think you could accurately measure any power difference between them though.
        Well this all stemming from that post I made about the car making 226 rwhp with afr 165's and all the other mods. The cam was dead on. I haven't posted the dyno sheet yet but I will.

Comment

Yeah, do that - I'm curious as to what's wrong with it.

This is through a 5 speed, correct? Did you ever do a leakdown and a block test on it?

Comment

Yeah, do that - I'm curious as to what's wrong with it.

This is through a 5 speed, correct? Did you ever do a leakdown and a block test on it?
            not yet I had to order the tool to do the leak down and just figured id wait on the compression test to do them at the same time. Also ordered a fuel pump and going to throw a fuel filter at it as well

Comment

The compression test, in this case, is useless.

Blocktest is a chemical test..

Comment

The compression test, in this case, is useless.

Blocktest is a chemical test..
                Ill have to google that when I get home on a computer. I don't know what it is or what it does

Comment

well we did run some codes and found out the tps wasnt working at all. i wonder how much of an effect this had?

Comment

Originally posted by 93bluelx View Post
                    well we did run some codes and found out the tps wasnt working at all. i wonder how much of an effect this had?
                    Probably a significant effect. That'd put you in Failure Management Effects Mode (FMEM or, "limp mode"). A TP fault mode will disable adaptive fuel learning (o2 function) and, as far as fuel/load/timing tables go, all throttle positions will be guessed at via the MAF sensor based on air flow.

Comment

Comment

there you go brooks. sorry for quality and uh dirt.lol

Comment

Originally posted by TENGRAM View Post
                          Probably a significant effect. That'd put you in Failure Management Effects Mode (FMEM or, "limp mode"). A TP fault mode will disable adaptive fuel learning (o2 function) and, as far as fuel/load/timing tables go, all throttle positions will be guessed at via the MAF sensor based on air flow.
                          50 to 60hp effect? that would be sweet if it was that simple.

oh and already replaced it today

Comment

Originally posted by 93bluelx View Post
                            50 to 60hp effect? that would be sweet if it was that simple.

oh and already replaced it today
                            Did the CEL go out? Otherwise, I'd pull the codes again or test it with a multimeter to be sure it was the problem rather than the circuit itself.

Considering that the fuel/timing curves were based off of the stock tables (assuming the TP sensor didn't go out after you drove it with the current setup...etc), and then likely cushioned with a safety factor, I wouldn't be totally shocked to see a 50hp gain. Would be pretty amazing though.

Comment

Originally posted by TENGRAM View Post
                              Did the CEL go out? Otherwise, I'd pull the codes again or test it with a multimeter to be sure it was the problem rather than the circuit itself.

Considering that the fuel/timing curves were based off of the stock tables (assuming the TP sensor didn't go out after you drove it with the current setup...etc), and then likely cushioned with a safety factor, I wouldn't be totally shocked to see a 50hp gain. Would be pretty amazing though.
                              the cel does not work. the ribbon on the cluster was messed up by the previous mechanic so the code was likely tripped the entire time. we ran codes on it i was texted that it was bad and replaced.

if that corrected it, im going to be the happiest guy on this site. you dont know how long the journey has been with this car.

Comment

Working...
                              X