Cruise lag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cruise lag

What causes cruise control lag. And is there a way to fix it. Im talking about when you set the cruise control and your speed decreases by several mph and then it finally kicks in and stays at that slower speed.
    WH

is this on your mustang or on your truck?
    http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Try setting it a few MPH's above where you want it!

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
        is this on your mustang or on your truck?
        Well i dont have mustang yet and truck is a 2013 ford dually and it doesnt have the problem. The car thats doing it is a 2005 honda work car grocery getter. Tried it again today and its really about 5 or 6mph lag. It can be really annoying

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
        Try setting it a few MPH's above where you want it!
        That is what im trying to get away from!
        WH

Comment

It's called hysteresis, and it has to do with the programming.

Without a +/- window to operate in your car would constantly be overcompensating for things like small undulations and hills. If you program in a lag you give the system the opportunity to self correct (eg. crest the hill quickly) before trying to correct via inputs (ie. more throttle) you make the ride much more accommodating to the passengers in the car (and most likely more efficient)

Comment

The Toyota Rav4 that I drove must have been +/- 7mph it was awful.

Comment

I dont know if it has to do with the tune, turbo and other mods to my truck, but Ive never used my cruise. Setting it at 70, it will over accelerate for hills, and it's constantly accelerating/decelerating over and over.
              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Working...
              X