No announcement yet.

Supercharging a 99-04 GT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would love a roots style blower, that broad torque curve is hard to beat.

Comment

Originally posted by ozzeran View Post
      I would love a roots style blower, that broad torque curve is hard to beat.
      Roots style sure is fun on the streets. Thats the only way I would go supercharged.
      2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

do a tork tech kit

I have tons of eatons forsale.

Comment

I love my root's low end grunt - it is awesome - for the street IMO it is the only way to go.

For bragging rites or high rpm run's then a centrifical.
          sigpic
          08 Mustang GT - NOT Stock ..... HPP Flex fuel tunes - 537/515 RWHP/RWT

Click for Little Elm, Texas Forecast

Comment

Kenny bell has a bad design problem for the 2 valves I would stay away from them

Comment

Eric,

You can squeeze low 400s out of any centrifugal unit on a 2V car. That being said...

I personally would go with a KB followed by a P1SC intercooled unit. You can snag either one used for a decent price and they can both be installed in a day in your garage.
              Originally posted by PGreenCobra
              I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
              Originally posted by Trip McNeely
              Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
              dont downshift!!
              Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

If you're in the market, I've got a polished V2 and everything else you would need but the fuel pump and gauges. Everything is new, blower was never installed and was upgraded @ vortech to the more efficient Si trim. Sell it to you for $2500.

Comment

<----------99 GT here, 1.7 Kenny bell through an automatic, put down 367. Tuned by JKS. has ran 7.2 on dr's

Originally posted by green1995gt View Post
                  Kenny bell has a bad design problem for the 2 valves I would stay away from them
                  care to explain?

Comment

Originally posted by musclestang89 View Post
                    <----------99 GT here, 1.7 Kenny bell through an automatic, put down 367. Tuned by JKS. has ran 7.2 on dr's

care to explain?
                    wow your ETs are awesome! how much does your car weigh? what other mods do you have?
                    RIP Roy Sebastion Fraga "lil' Roy" born december 7th 2010 gone back to heaven december 7th 2010. your always in our hearts and thoughts my special little grandson.

Comment

The twin screws are cool! Instant torque anywhere in the RPM band and ideal for a street prowler with < 450rwhp/rwtq, but that instant on torque will cause you traction issues when you get closer to 500 and you better know how to drive. If you only plan on putting down what the stock bottom end can handle, I think this would be the most fun.

Concerning centri blowers, honestly, I'd just skip right to a turbo. No pulleys to change if you want more or less power (I have a 5lb wastegate spring and dialed in 13psi with a $20 manual boost adjuster), no belt slip/wear/failure, better fuel economy (I got 16-17mpg at 390/410 with a Procharger and with set up in my sig I see high 18-high 19mpg), you can't beat the versatility and the way the power comes in, I have little traction issue even at 538/545 on Nitto 555s or 555Rs. Turbostang could build you something nice and 6psi on a 62mm turbo with an .81 A/R would spool up quick, put you just over 400 and still have room to go to 500+ by changing the spring or using a manual boost adjuster.

Still...it's hard to argue with the cheap centri kits out there. You can pick up a used kit for $1000-2500. If you're handy and know how to weld, you can build a turbo kit for around $1500.

Once you go boost, you never go back!

-Jonny
                      2012 Silver Mustang GT 5.0:stock.
                      '00 Performance Red Mustang GT 4v turbo 6-speed 540rwhp/572rwtq (SOLD)
                      '07 Honda CB919 (SOLD)

Comment

Originally posted by OMEGA DOOM View Post
                        wow your ETs are awesome! how much does your car weigh? what other mods do you have?
                        The car is full stock GT weight, even spare tire. We will be putting it on a diet now because we will have to install a roll bar and that is going to add more weight. It just ran the 7.2's this last Sunday after some winter changes. It ran 7.6's and 7.7's all last year.

Comment

Thanks for the advice guys, keep it coming. Not looking to buy right now, just getting some thoughts together.

Comment

If you get a V3 Vortech , you dont have to tap the oil pan anymore either.
                            2002 4.6L 5spd S281

So fast i make speedy gonzales look like regular gonzales

Comment

My 2K GT when it was still stockish (O/R - H, 40 series Flows, Vortech V2 SQ kit with aftercooler) made like 355 RWHP with canned tune in late July temps if I remember correctly. That was the chip that came from Vortech and not a custom tune at all. Several mods later, I'm still running the same blower and made 508 RWHP.

As Jonny pointed out, for the simplicity and value of the $, you can't beat one of the centri kits. If you're going to continue to pile more on top of it down the road and eventually build a motor though, I'd go turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
                                My 2K GT when it was still stockish (O/R - H, 40 series Flows, Vortech V2 SQ kit with aftercooler) made like 355 RWHP with canned tune in late July temps if I remember correctly. That was the chip that came from Vortech and not a custom tune at all. Several mods later, I'm still running the same blower and made 508 RWHP.

As Jonny pointed out, for the simplicity and value of the $, you can't beat one of the centri kits. If you're going to continue to pile more on top of it down the road and eventually build a motor though, I'd go turbo.

I'm not going to sink a ton of money into a mod motor. Pretty much the charger and some very minor bolt ons is all I'm looking at.

Comment

Working...
                                X