Supercharging a 99-04 GT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supercharging a 99-04 GT

I've been out of the game for awhile. With a safe tune, what kind of numbers are the various kits putting down these days on an otherwise 99% stock motor? What is the best kit to go with in y'alls opinion? I've always been partial to ProChargers just because you don't have to tap into the oil pan, but anyone can feel free to disavow me of that notion if they think an S Trim or something else is better.

so much for keeping it stock haha... <-- no valuable input...

Comment

Originally posted by butt86 View Post
      so much for keeping it stock haha... <-- no valuable input...

You only live once!

Comment

You do know that '03-04 Cobras were available as convertibles, right??
        When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Kenne bell is the only way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
            You do know that '03-04 Cobras were available as convertibles, right??

I'm on the cheap. And honestly I prefer the GT trim to the Cobra trim.

Comment

On my 04 GT Vert w/Auto I put down 364rwhp & 345tq with the following mods:

3.73's
              Bassani O/R X-Pipe
              Flowmaster 40's
              Accufab 75MM TB
              Accufab Plenum
              Vortech V3 Kit non-intercooled
              Tuned by HPP

Comment

Low 400s on 93 is about as far as they can be pushed and expect to last any length of time.
                model 1FE212-SCI That's a system kit with the regular 3 core intercooler.

In Texas, I would opt for the sheetmetal race 3core
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bjtheman1 View Post
                  On my 04 GT Vert w/Auto I put down 364rwhp & 345tq with the following mods:

3.73's
                  Bassani O/R X-Pipe
                  Flowmaster 40's
                  Accufab 75MM TB
                  Accufab Plenum
                  Vortech V3 Kit non-intercooled
                  Tuned by HPP

What kind of tune(conservative,crazy?)and how much psi? I'd be happy with upper 300s. But over 400 would be a lot cooler..

Comment

you want peak HP or "street" HP - why I ask is roots/screw vs centrifical drive differently
                    sigpic
                    08 Mustang GT - NOT Stock ..... HPP Flex fuel tunes - 537/515 RWHP/RWT

Click for Little Elm, Texas Forecast

Comment

Originally posted by Mixedup View Post
                      you want peak HP or "street" HP - why I ask is roots/screw vs centrifical drive differently

This car will never see a track. Just a little more fun on the street.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                        I've been out of the game for awhile. With a safe tune, what kind of numbers are the various kits putting down these days on an otherwise 99% stock motor? What is the best kit to go with in y'alls opinion? I've always been partial to ProChargers just because you don't have to tap into the oil pan, but anyone can feel free to disavow me of that notion if they think an S Trim or something else is better.
                        I would gladly tap the oil pan rather than deal with this leaky procharger....however the 130ish hp over stock is nice.
                        sigpic
                        '13 GT Boss302 intake, Lethal OR/X, Magnaflow Street catback
                        99 Trans Am M6 little Voodoo cam some suspension stuff .....

Comment

Im partial to the S Trim mainly because its been so reliable. I installed mine (used unit) back in Jan 2004 and have probably 50K miles on it and its never given me a problem. Tapping the oil pan isnt a big deal and the s/c gets an oil change when the engine does. A family memeber hada 99 GT with an S Trim and aftercooler on 10-12 psi I think it was making about 410-420 rwhp. around 400 rwhp is about as much as i would try to push the stock internals.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                            What kind of tune(conservative,crazy?)and how much psi? I'd be happy with upper 300s. But over 400 would be a lot cooler..
                            I was running the stock pulley and definitely conservative tune for it was my DD

Comment

Go with a used S-trim or Novi. Low 400's is easy..
                              07 GT500
                              05 SRT10
                              88 turbocoupe T-bird
                              93 Cobra
                              86 coupe
                              Ducati 848

Comment

Working...
                              X