2007 Sierra driver and passenger doors sticking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 Sierra driver and passenger doors sticking

I replaced both front door speakers in the truck last weekend. It was pretty easy and took less then an hour or so. I removed the panel, rested it on a ice cooler while I replaced the speakers, then put the panels back on. I didn't even remove the door handle cable. Everything seem to be pretty seamless.

But ever since, the front doors will randomly not open with the inside or outside handle. Sometimes it's the left door, sometimes the right door. I can pull the handles and they both seem to have the same amount of travel but the door doesn't release.

After a few attempts of locking/unlocking either with the switch or manually, they will finally open normally for a few times before it decides to do it again. Any ideas on what it could be? There's one screw behind the inside release lever, two screws behind the handle cup to close the door, and two screws behind the vertical pull handle. Could I have torqued them down too tightly? I plan on removing the panels again just to see what could be going on, but I literally didn't even disconnect anything.

The new speakers sound awesome (can't wait to get the HU upgraded) but when I get to work or home, I need to be able to get out without having to slide to the other side.
Working...
X