Need some help with troubleshooting again... Ford 500 related

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some help with troubleshooting again... Ford 500 related

So this PITA Ford 500 (2006) is throwing a couple of codes and I don't want to believe that two sensors would fail at the same time. I hope someone here might be able to shed some light as to what the fault might be...maybe an open circuit in a common wire harness lead. I'll check the fuse as soon as the wife gets home.

Code P0108 - MAP sensor high; the ecm has detected a performance fault
    Probable cause - short circuit condition, vacuum source fault, faulty map sensor, engine mechanical condition

Code P0406 - EGR system fault; the ecm has detected the EGR position sensor voltage was too high
    Probable cause - failed EGR sensor, open or short circuit, failed egr valve, failed egr pressure sensor where applicable

TIA

Original codes can domino to trip others. Figure out what tripped first (my bet is the egr code) and go from there. That or google the codes with the car info.

Comment

A failed EGR could cause both codes.
      Originally posted by PGreenCobra
      I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
      Originally posted by Trip McNeely
      Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
      dont downshift!!
      Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

ok, I'll take it off and see if I can clean it enough for the code to go away.

thanks peeps!

Comment

Working...
        X