Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No fuel pump primer noise -

I finally completed re-installing my 302 -
    I went to try my first start up ( in 8 mo.s ) and no fuel pump primer noise.
    Any Suggestions ?

NOTE : i have not installed any of the 02 sensors yet, could that be throwing a code that prevents the fuel pump from getting juice ?

I have checked the reset in the back panel, seems good.

Check for power and ground at the fuel pump connector by the pump while cranking the motor. If you've got power there, while having someone crank the motor, use the broad side of a hammer or something solid, hit the center of the fuel tank. It's possible the pump has seized and this may jar it free.

Comment

Check all the simple stuff first. Fresh battery, clean/tight power connections especially the grounds, make sure everything is plugged in. There is a connector under the hood on the drivers side near the cowl that you can use a jumper between two pins to run the fuel pump.

Comment

Relay under the drivers seat

Comment

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
          Check all the simple stuff first. Fresh battery, clean/tight power connections especially the grounds, make sure everything is plugged in. There is a connector under the hood on the drivers side near the cowl that you can use a jumper between two pins to run the fuel pump.
          Do you know what its called ?

I am going to hit the tank to check and see if its stuck as well.

Thanks for all the info guys.

Comment

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
            Originally posted by Swamp Donkey View Post
            Relay under the drivers seat
            Depending on the year, you are both correct.
            Originally posted by HECDOGGIE View Post
            Do you know what its called ?

I am going to hit the tank to check and see if its stuck as well.

Thanks for all the info guys.
            Fuel pump relay.
            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Comment

pretty good write up. I would go a bit different route right off the bat, checking key on voltage at the relay and pump, then change the pump that is likely bad.
                "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Great Link ! Thanks guys!

Comment

Working...
                  X