Jumping speedometer help please! 1994 lightning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jumping speedometer help please! 1994 lightning

I’ve noticed my 94 lightning here lately has the speedometer needle jumping. It’s not real bad just a twitch and on the bad days it will jump off zero while making a complete stop. How do I fix this? I’m thinking a new speedometer cable? Or are these trucks digital?

Thanks…

IIRC there is a speedo plug on the top of the back of the rear end housing that needs to be replaced or cleaned. I think LMR carries them of you need a new one.
    Originally posted by Silverback
    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
      IIRC there is a speedo plug on the top of the back of the rear end housing that needs to be replaced or cleaned. I think LMR carries them of you need a new one.
      Highly likely. OEM ford would be the best bet.
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

The sensor itself in the center/top of the differential may have some metal filings on it or be bad. I believe that is what's being referred to above rather than the connector.

Comment

Originally posted by shumpertdavid View Post
          The sensor itself in the center/top of the differential may have some metal filings on it or be bad. I believe that is what's being referred to above rather than the connector.

thanks! i had my rear end rebuilt last year because my differential took a dump

Comment

what is this?

Comment

^^^
              That is the VSS, but it is not the rear end sensor.
              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

I believe its this one, but don't quote me on it, may need to take it out and take it down there.

Comment

Sounds like a total loss. Give you $1000.

Comment

I believe its this one, but don't quote me on it, may need to take it out and take it down there.

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/de...3247&ppt=C0033
                    thanks

Comment

Nick on the excitor ring in the differential.

Comment

Working...
                      X